i phone video of Stoked - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 05:19 PM
Rebel4Liberty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
i phone video of Stoked

Here is 2 videos I did in i phone quality. One of fluke jibbs I caught while recording some runs (WE already know they are stiff and crap lookin) playing around with presses (should be much better in BA)

The other is my highest trick ever now..52,000 Indy 90 boned, along with a stylish one foot melon and crail boned

Please give me a rating, thanks and hope you like the tunes in them

YouTube - Stoked prograbs--52,00 Indy 90 boned (Travis Rice)

YouTube - Stoked jibbing @ Element of style event
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 02:34 AM
Senior Member
 
YanTheMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Calgary Alberta
Posts: 564
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorry to burst your bubble, I really rather watch travis rice shred it in person.

Im not gonna watch you play a game over some legit snowboarders throwing down.
YanTheMan is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 02:41 AM
Rebel4Liberty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YanTheMan View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble, I really rather watch travis rice shred it in person.

Im not gonna watch you play a game over some legit snowboarders throwing down.
LOL I am not comparing myself to a real pro man! I am showing what can be done in the game. There is a lot of people who can't even play this game well, which takes lots of practice...
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 07:35 AM
Veteran Member
 
tekniq33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 771
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
In the regular stoked I dont really get the best way to switch from one slide to another. Do I have to ollie up and turn into it? Why cant I just spin onto the rail and continue my rotation once I am on?
tekniq33 is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 07:48 AM
Rebel4Liberty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekniq33 View Post
In the regular stoked I dont really get the best way to switch from one slide to another. Do I have to ollie up and turn into it? Why cant I just spin onto the rail and continue my rotation once I am on?
Yeah, you kinda have to ollie and turn into it. The shifting physics are not present in Stoked, hence why you have to ollie for each type of slide. This will change, and they know they have get it so you can shift on the board without having to use the ollie, but just like off axis corks and rodoes they have to develop the physics for it. They know a lot want this, but again it will take time to get it done right. For the mean time, its fun to try different angled presses and sometimes get a bonk in there now and then
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 11:40 AM
MikeHunt
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Will you be able to bonk trees and spin off trees in the new stoked? I know in this one it either makes you bail or throws you off axis when u try and bonk or spin off a tree
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 11:44 AM
Veteran Member
 
tekniq33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 771
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4Liberty View Post
Yeah, you kinda have to ollie and turn into it. The shifting physics are not present in Stoked, hence why you have to ollie for each type of slide. This will change, and they know they have get it so you can shift on the board without having to use the ollie, but just like off axis corks and rodoes they have to develop the physics for it. They know a lot want this, but again it will take time to get it done right. For the mean time, its fun to try different angled presses and sometimes get a bonk in there now and then
I am definitely picking up BA next weekend but can you do those angled presses and bonks in the original? I certainly don't know how despite logging serious hours and beating the game.
tekniq33 is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 01:58 PM
Rebel4Liberty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHunt View Post
Will you be able to bonk trees and spin off trees in the new stoked? I know in this one it either makes you bail or throws you off axis when u try and bonk or spin off a tree
I have noticed in Stoked you get the occasional fluke like that, but mostly a bail is the result. The best way to bonk from I have tried, even sometimes those can be flukes, you press the end tip of object (like the huey blade I show)and sometimes you look like you just bonk the end, instead of sticking to it
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 04:04 PM
Member
 
Bkeller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 87
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Id rather spend my 50$ on a lift ticket.
Bkeller is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 04:25 PM
Rebel4Liberty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkeller View Post
Id rather spend my 50$ on a lift ticket.
Well I understand what your saying. You would rather spend the money to do it for real than on a video game, and that makes perfect sense as the season starts....but how about in the off season, how about an injury, how about when you can't make it to the real slopes for whatever reason. As I said before I myself am not in close proximity to be a real rider so that I could practice enough at it on a consistent basis. This is why I can get my thrills from a game, otherwise I'd do it if I was living close enough. So yeah, enjoy the season and then pick the title for 10-15 after its over. I know there are others like me not anywhere near slopes, so the game is the best alternative for us......
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome