Final Fantasy Lovers - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2010, 03:25 AM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
NoTickets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Paper Bag
Posts: 190
Default

yes. the game gets exponentially harder.

this, of course, can be solved by intense grinding for CP to level up your crystariums, but even that gets cumbersome. for primaries, it'll end up taking 10,000 cp to advance one upgrade in level 4 (which is stage 8 of the crystarium i believe). it goes up to level 5 (stage 9).

if you wanna do secondary classes, each stat upgrade will take anywhere from 3,000 to 60,000 cp to advance just ONCE. (yeah, 60,000).

chapter 11 is where the game gets juicy, so that's where you need to get to if you want a challenge. it's interesting, for as linear as the game is, chapters 1-10 encompass approximately half the game, whereas chapters 11-13 take the other half. a little disproportionate, but that's how it is.

paradigm usage is minimal, even at chapter 7, which is where you are now. but in chapter 11, being able to know what paradigm decks to stack into your party, and when to switch in and out of paradigms in battles becomes absolutely essential, which makes for more tactical gameplay.

it's interesting, not the best in the series, but definitely a good one. the story is absolutely horrible, but.. it's final fantasy. what were they supposed to do after FFVII? (they did a good job with X, but insofar as the plot, incomparable).
__________________
i love my life
NoTickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-26-2010, 01:04 PM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bakesale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 883
Default

Final Fantasy 13 Is A Big Pile Of Poop
bakesale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:19 PM   #23 (permalink)
Yates
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

What were they supposed to do after FFVII? Re-master it and release it for PS3 with better graphics. It would sell like crack in the projects.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:47 PM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bakesale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 883
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yates View Post
What were they supposed to do after FFVII? Re-master it and release it for PS3 with better graphics. It would sell like crack in the projects.
Would cost too much. They said it would cost over $750 mil to redo FF7 with 2010 graphics for PS3. The backgrounds are too detailed to recreate in 3d environments.
bakesale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 03:44 PM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
NoTickets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Paper Bag
Posts: 190
Default

i'm willing to bet that a remake will happen. there's been so much speculation about it, and being that final fantasy's haven't been able to live up to the hype left by the wake of FFVII, i think we're likely to see one within a few years.

for your enjoyment.

Square Enix CEO: We're 'going to explore the possibility' of Final Fantasy VII remake -- Joystiq
__________________
i love my life
NoTickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:09 PM   #26 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
earl_je's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Keystone, CO
Posts: 826
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yates View Post
What were they supposed to do after FFVII? Re-master it and release it for PS3 with better graphics. It would sell like crack in the projects.
Very much so. I'm not much of a gamer anymore but if this happens, I might just take a week (or so) vacation from work and be a zombie gamer. lol
earl_je is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:54 PM   #27 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Eightfingers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl_je View Post
Very much so. I'm not much of a gamer anymore but if this happens, I might just take a week (or so) vacation from work and be a zombie gamer. lol
I dont like Playstation personally, but if they Re-released ff7 I would buy one just for it. Hell I would prolly even dip into the season pass fund just to get it.
Eightfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:21 AM   #28 (permalink)
Yates
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I think a lot of people would do that, to be honest. I can't see it costing them more than FF13 did; I mean, there is no need to spend any money on conceptual R&D. The game already exists, it's just a matter of taking what they already have and re-creating the visuals. They already set the bar with FF13, so to take FF7 and bring it up to that level would cost, at worst, the same amount. In reality it would probably cost less, as doing it for the second time would likely be easier (true for most things).

So they aren't spending anything on story development, character development, conceptualizing of actors/environments, dialogue (there weren't voice-overs in that era), or game mechanic design. The only expenditures they would have are the model/environment revisualizations and cutscene graphical augmentations. The game already exists, all they would have to do is make it prettier.

A lot of people would buy a PS3 just for that game, and that would ultimately lead to more game purchases in the future. They can create a collector's edition box set that comes with a custom PS3 console painted in a FF7 motif, art book and game and they'll sell like wildfire. Box-set FF7 and Advent Children, price it at 85.99 or so, watch that sell out too.

Seems to me like remastering a (phenomenally popular) game that already exists would be an easy, high-profit margin cash cow, not a financial burden.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:11 PM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
NoTickets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Paper Bag
Posts: 190
Default

i think the problem lies more in targeting the current market than pleasing an old one. a lot of us are older here, and growing up with videogames, ffvii really marked a turning point in videogaming for me especially.

a more rational dilemma might be that launching a full-scale effort to recreate the game might realistically just not be a fiscally promising venture. i do love to revisit games of old; gamers have a thing about sentiment. but gaming has come quite a ways since ffvii originally released on ps1, and while it remains a landmark in gaming in my mind, it's not what modern day games are.

mind you, they wouldn't be simply remastering the game. a recreate ffvii would be just like development and production for a brand new game, only that they would know what characters they're using, the plot, and an idea of the schematics. they'd have to do an overhaul on the battle systems, make decisions on what to add, what to leave out, re-do all movie sequences.. pretty much just create a brand new game. on a square-enix scale, it would seem to me that this is a lot bigger and would require a lot more money and effort than any regular consumer can even begin to imagine.

the risk is that with all the hype, they'd have to truly bring out a masterpiece utilizing the resources available now to rival the effect ffvii had in its heyday, and it's possible they could fall short of expectations.

they'd also have to consider that doing this would mean that they would need to capture the gaming market as a whole, old and new gamers alike. i would venture to guess that if ffvii was just redone graphically, the majority of sales would be with people already familiar with the game.

imagine what it would take to redo FFVII to the effect of the graphics used in advent children. that can not be a cheap thing to do.

i'm just trying to play devil's advocate. i'd love to see a remake as well.
__________________
i love my life
NoTickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:54 AM   #30 (permalink)
Yates
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTickets View Post
i think the problem lies more in targeting the current market than pleasing an old one. a lot of us are older here, and growing up with videogames, ffvii really marked a turning point in videogaming for me especially.

a more rational dilemma might be that launching a full-scale effort to recreate the game might realistically just not be a fiscally promising venture. i do love to revisit games of old; gamers have a thing about sentiment. but gaming has come quite a ways since ffvii originally released on ps1, and while it remains a landmark in gaming in my mind, it's not what modern day games are.

mind you, they wouldn't be simply remastering the game. a recreate ffvii would be just like development and production for a brand new game, only that they would know what characters they're using, the plot, and an idea of the schematics. they'd have to do an overhaul on the battle systems, make decisions on what to add, what to leave out, re-do all movie sequences.. pretty much just create a brand new game. on a square-enix scale, it would seem to me that this is a lot bigger and would require a lot more money and effort than any regular consumer can even begin to imagine.

the risk is that with all the hype, they'd have to truly bring out a masterpiece utilizing the resources available now to rival the effect ffvii had in its heyday, and it's possible they could fall short of expectations.

they'd also have to consider that doing this would mean that they would need to capture the gaming market as a whole, old and new gamers alike. i would venture to guess that if ffvii was just redone graphically, the majority of sales would be with people already familiar with the game.

imagine what it would take to redo FFVII to the effect of the graphics used in advent children. that can not be a cheap thing to do.

i'm just trying to play devil's advocate. i'd love to see a remake as well.
I honestly think they could reap windfall profits simply by re-releasing the exact same game with revamped visuals. Go play Counter-Strike or Modern Warfare 2 and see how many kids you see with hilarious names like xSSJxSephirothKillax or some similar variation; He's one of the most popular video game villains ever, even among younger gamers (ex. names like the one above).

I don't believe FF7 would need any modifications whatsoever, other than graphical ones, to succeed financially as a re-make. In fact, I'll go one step further; modifying the core game elements in any way OTHER than graphically would likely attract a tremendous amount of negative chatter among the gaming community. Granted most of this negativity would originate from the purists who would want anyone responsible for desecrating the original masterpiece drawn and quartered, but you can bet the vocal minority would have a profound effect on new potential FF7'ers trying to decide whether to try the game out or not.

My only point is that every game needs certain elements to be hashed out and constructed before it can be launched. Every single element has already been invested in and created for FF7, and they can re-use ALL of it except for the graphics. I don't see how it could cost them more to re-do the graphics for FF7 than it cost them to produce the ENTIRE FF13 title (which FF7 would likely outsell a couple times over).

If they were super smart, they could also use the re-release as a springboard for more titles featuring the same characters but perhaps along a different storyline? All of Cloud's friends die in the Midgar reactor explosion and he must venture out alone to find Sephiroth, convince him to halt his quest for self-deification and help to stop Shinra before they destroy the planet. Then, once complete, you could choose to battle Sephiroth to prevent him from turning the planet into his own private spaceship, or... well, you get the idea >

Case in point: I think this thing would make money if properly marketed and leveraged. I would be very interested to know what went on behind closed doors when they discussed the possibility of a remake, because I'm 100% sure the discussion happened.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums