Relapsing on WoW - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano View Post
You could always punch yourself in the balls. Anyone who prefers to live in a fantasy land instead of reality probably won't be using them much anyways (and even though she isn't DTF yet, you should still be able to talk her into a hand job)


It's not that many players actually would prefer the fantasy world, it's just incredibly addicting. I play it just as someone would play CoD or Halo, just to entertain myself.
I also only mentioned my girlfriend not wanted to fuck, never brought up lesser stuff
seanboobs is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 03:06 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well I played a game called Runescape for 4 or 5 years, and quit around a year ago. I honestly just quit naturally, aka through irl.
But to help you, I'll give you some options to not urge you to really play, and make you fade away from the thought..
Try playing sports in school (you said your 16, well I just turned 17), and me playing lacrosse really helped me just get off the computer in general. Also I do cross country. Playing sports won't only get you off that topic, but you meet so many people, and it's just an awesome experience.

Also for another option (if you think it's to late to try a sport, which is understanble), you could try getting a job. It's pretty hard to find a job, but if you get one, think about it: you make cash and kill time.

Take this from a past addicted gamer, who now quit because I do both.. Play sports and work on top of school.

Hope this helped.
P0lac is offline  
post #23 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by P0lac View Post
Well I played a game called Runescape for 4 or 5 years, and quit around a year ago. I honestly just quit naturally, aka through irl.
But to help you, I'll give you some options to not urge you to really play, and make you fade away from the thought..
Try playing sports in school (you said your 16, well I just turned 17), and me playing lacrosse really helped me just get off the computer in general. Also I do cross country. Playing sports won't only get you off that topic, but you meet so many people, and it's just an awesome experience.

Also for another option (if you think it's to late to try a sport, which is understanble), you could try getting a job. It's pretty hard to find a job, but if you get one, think about it: you make cash and kill time.

Take this from a past addicted gamer, who now quit because I do both.. Play sports and work on top of school.

Hope this helped.



Run XC, run track and snowboard in winter, and I play lacrosse. I can't get a job till my next birthday (parents would need to drive me around). I am in honors chemistry, honors math, and honors english. I have about 30 books in my ass daily. I finish my studies before I eat dinner, then after that it's too dark to go outside. So I am stuck inside for another 3+ hours and get bored.
seanboobs is offline  
post #24 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 04:15 PM
Senior Member
 
HoboMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,316
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well as long as you don't start swapping those activity time periods for wow, I don't see anything wrong with that equation.

No one chastises little pre-pubescent 10 year olds for playing Halo 3 hours a day, meanwhile going on a racial, sexist, and generally psychotic online rampage, so....

I can't stand online shooters anymore because of the above.

PowderHound and TreeNinja
HoboMaster is offline  
post #25 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 12:21 PM
Junior Member
 
striker14588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanboobs View Post
I've played wow for 3 1/2 years, and quit a little more then 1 year ago. Recently i've been getting horrible urges to get back on it. So if you have the same problems; what do you do to block them out???
Easiest way to get rid of urges is to sell your account. I used to get the feeling of wanting to start up again until I realized it would cost $100+ to buy the game and all the expansions again.
striker14588 is offline  
post #26 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 08:36 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
baldylox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I used to like Counter Strike. Would play it for an hour or two after coming home. But since I didn't play often, I'd just get pawned by the 12 year old CS masters to the point where it's demoralizing.....


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
baldylox is offline  
post #27 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cifex View Post
I used to like Counter Strike. Would play it for an hour or two after coming home. But since I didn't play often, I'd just get pawned by the 12 year old CS masters to the point where it's demoralizing.....
Haha, i know the feeling . But if I start this up again i'll be on a thing where everybody has the best gear available so there is no upperhand





Quote:
Originally Posted by striker14588 View Post
Easiest way to get rid of urges is to sell your account. I used to get the feeling of wanting to start up again until I realized it would cost $100+ to buy the game and all the expansions again.


They made it so you can download the most recent expansion your account was upgraded too. I have thought about selling it but i don't want to put up with some random guy and all of that stuff. If I did relapse I would play on a private server so it's free, and less addicting.
seanboobs is offline  
post #28 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 12:13 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
switch to a game you can play on your own time. FPS/RTS games are great because they require smaller amounts of time to actually play one game and walk away or play another. You don't have to start a raid and go through it with the fear of missing out on something if you logout.
nerve is offline  
post #29 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerve View Post
switch to a game you can play on your own time. FPS/RTS games are great because they require smaller amounts of time to actually play one game and walk away or play another. You don't have to start a raid and go through it with the fear of missing out on something if you logout.


I'd be on a private server so like a FPS I play one PVP game and i'm off . No stupid raiding on it, but thanks for the input haha
seanboobs is offline  
post #30 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 02:21 PM
Senior Member
 
mbesp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 354
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
maybe i'm just easily addicted to stuff but i havn't played wow in over 2 years i bet and still randomly i'm like man i want to play right now.
mbesp is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome