New SSX game - Page 4 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 02:13 PM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderChunky View Post
The demo is bad cause it's unrealistic. That's pretty similar to me. And I wouldn't quote people if your not trying to talk to them.
I only quoted him because he didn't make it clear that he was supporting your opinion instead of producing his own opinions on the game. So I addressed him instead of you, because you didn't bring anything substantial to the conversation (and still haven't).
Vaughanabe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-24-2012, 02:21 PM   #32 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
ThunderChunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kissing Bridge
Posts: 1,801
Default

Wasn't asking for ultra-realism. Just a game where you can't take your board off in mid air and twirl it around like a pixie stick. There has been way to many arcade snowboard games. Your putting words in people's mouths with your comment about realism. Since you like unrealism that means you must want to be able to carry guns and shoot other riders too huh? Let me guess you want polar bears to attack you too? How about a game where you can never fall?

I'm sick of button smashing, flashy, five year old snowboard games. The game is so easy and it's not even a snowboard game. The game has almost no aspect of real snowboarding left in it. The realist thing in the Game is Travis Rice. I want to play a snowboarding game. Not a game I have to learn how to fly too.

The realism people are complaining about is the physics and the features not the other unimportant aspects like riding lifts, riding within personal abilities and other stupid effects. I don't mind a game like SW where I can at least play the game in a way where it is somewhat realistic, but I can't do a single thing in SSX that any human being can do on a snowboard.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipp4u View Post
Im all for having fun, showing your tits and getting fucked up on a river float but it can be done without being a pig.
ThunderChunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #33 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
ThunderChunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kissing Bridge
Posts: 1,801
Default

.....except carving.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipp4u View Post
Im all for having fun, showing your tits and getting fucked up on a river float but it can be done without being a pig.
ThunderChunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:30 PM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderChunky View Post
Wasn't asking for ultra-realism. Just a game where you can't take your board off in mid air and twirl it around like a pixie stick. There has been way to many arcade snowboard games. Your putting words in people's mouths with your comment about realism. Since you like unrealism that means you must want to be able to carry guns and shoot other riders too huh? Let me guess you want polar bears to attack you too? How about a game where you can never fall?

I'm sick of button smashing, flashy, five year old snowboard games. The game is so easy and it's not even a snowboard game. The game has almost no aspect of real snowboarding left in it. The realist thing in the Game is Travis Rice. I want to play a snowboarding game. Not a game I have to learn how to fly too.

The realism people are complaining about is the physics and the features not the other unimportant aspects like riding lifts, riding within personal abilities and other stupid effects. I don't mind a game like SW where I can at least play the game in a way where it is somewhat realistic, but I can't do a single thing in SSX that any human being can do on a snowboard.
It's fine that you want all of those things...it's not fine that you're bashing SSX for not having them when it has never tried to be 'that game' in the history of the series. That's like going to a baseball game and complaining that it's not actually a football game. Clearly SSX is not targeted toward what you want, but that doesn't mean it's bad. Do you even see what I'm saying?
Vaughanabe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #35 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Kapn.K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Rocket Ranch, FL
Posts: 239
Lightbulb

How about a GTA style Tricky with belligerent snow patrol, charging roped off area's, snow mobile chases, food fights with $10/bowl chili, bourbon shots, safety meetings, etc.? AND make it a simulator?
Kapn.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:40 PM   #36 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
ThunderChunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kissing Bridge
Posts: 1,801
Default

Yea, I completely understand and not only understand, but agree. I don't wanna say bad anymore. I wanna say I don't like it. I do see how it could be called bad though. That type of game has been mad a thousand times, it's like CoD MW 3. People called it bad cause it was the same thing as Modern Warfare 2 and the unrealistic shooter had been beaten to death. I'm not calling it bad and I take it back if I said it. I'm just saying, I will be soon if they continue with these games.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipp4u View Post
Im all for having fun, showing your tits and getting fucked up on a river float but it can be done without being a pig.
ThunderChunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:45 PM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderChunky View Post
Yea, I completely understand and not only understand, but agree. I don't wanna say bad anymore. I wanna say I don't like it. I do see how it could be called bad though. That type of game has been mad a thousand times, it's like CoD MW 3. People called it bad cause it was the same thing as Modern Warfare 2 and the unrealistic shooter had been beaten to death. I'm not calling it bad and I take it back if I said it. I'm just saying, I will be soon if they continue with these games.
ok, well at least we're on the same page now.
Vaughanabe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:47 PM   #38 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
ThunderChunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kissing Bridge
Posts: 1,801
Default

No, Fuck you!!! I wanna argue dammit.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipp4u View Post
Im all for having fun, showing your tits and getting fucked up on a river float but it can be done without being a pig.
ThunderChunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:25 PM   #39 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 67
Default

I'll keep arguing. I'm always up for pointless confrontation.
rfrich74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:40 PM   #40 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
LuckyRVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 1,625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfrich74 View Post
I'll keep arguing. I'm always up for pointless confrontation.

Argument Clinic From Monty Python's Flying Circus - YouTube
LuckyRVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums