Hertel Board Wax... - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 06:41 AM   #11 (permalink)
Jonne
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

What is edge burn?
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-02-2009, 10:45 AM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
NYCboarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Staten island, NY
Posts: 673
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonne View Post
What is edge burn?
when you tend to ride more ice and hard pack conditions you will begin to see just about 2 inches of your base begin to turn white (near the edges) not in the middle of the board... it is reffered to as edgeburn because thats the only area that gets dried up (white))
NYCboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 288
Default

i always wonder how re waxing returns the color to the burnt parts of your board lol...
Rocan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
lisevolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hicksville, NY
Posts: 1,846
Default

I have the Toko wax and it's ok... not great, not bad just OK. I'm going to have to check this stuff out especially since I'm here on the ice coast also. I was thinking about going OBJ or BlueBird but if this is tried and true on the conditions I ride i'll take the shot
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Glade Ripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 794
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisevolution View Post
I have the Toko wax and it's ok... not great, not bad just OK. I'm going to have to check this stuff out especially since I'm here on the ice coast also. I was thinking about going OBJ or BlueBird but if this is tried and true on the conditions I ride i'll take the shot
I have the bluebird cold wax. Got a big bar of it for $9.99. I think it works great for the ice coast. I live in central NY and just started using it on my board. I have only applied it once so far, it was a bitch to scrape compared to all temp, and have benn out on it four times now. I fly by people on skis and boards with this stuff. After this last time, 4th trip on wax job, I started to see a little edge burn. Just thought I'd let ya know my experience with it seeings as you were thinking about it.

On the note of the thread I might actually pick some of this hertel wax up. I am always looking for different waxes to try and see which lasts longer and makes me faster! I love being able to ride a flat for awhile without unstrapping and skating like my friends have to do. This stuff sounds pretty decent, I'll have to nab some and see if I like it more than my bluebird that I am currently using.
Glade Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
Jonne
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCboarder View Post
when you tend to ride more ice and hard pack conditions you will begin to see just about 2 inches of your base begin to turn white (near the edges) not in the middle of the board... it is reffered to as edgeburn because thats the only area that gets dried up (white))
Ah, thanks mate!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:56 PM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubllsu8338 View Post
I have the bluebird cold wax. Got a big bar of it for $9.99. I think it works great for the ice coast. I live in central NY and just started using it on my board. I have only applied it once so far, it was a bitch to scrape compared to all temp, and have benn out on it four times now. I fly by people on skis and boards with this stuff. After this last time, 4th trip on wax job, I started to see a little edge burn. Just thought I'd let ya know my experience with it seeings as you were thinking about it.

On the note of the thread I might actually pick some of this hertel wax up. I am always looking for different waxes to try and see which lasts longer and makes me faster! I love being able to ride a flat for awhile without unstrapping and skating like my friends have to do. This stuff sounds pretty decent, I'll have to nab some and see if I like it more than my bluebird that I am currently using.
on cold weather this stuff will run out quick, wax every time.

the base is really fine... just the man made junk we have here rips through the wax on the edges...

need to wax again... will see if i can decrease edge burn this time.
Rocan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:07 PM   #18 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
lisevolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hicksville, NY
Posts: 1,846
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubllsu8338 View Post
I have the bluebird cold wax. Got a big bar of it for $9.99. I think it works great for the ice coast. I live in central NY and just started using it on my board. I have only applied it once so far, it was a bitch to scrape compared to all temp, and have benn out on it four times now. I fly by people on skis and boards with this stuff. After this last time, 4th trip on wax job, I started to see a little edge burn. Just thought I'd let ya know my experience with it seeings as you were thinking about it.

On the note of the thread I might actually pick some of this hertel wax up. I am always looking for different waxes to try and see which lasts longer and makes me faster! I love being able to ride a flat for awhile without unstrapping and skating like my friends have to do. This stuff sounds pretty decent, I'll have to nab some and see if I like it more than my bluebird that I am currently using.
I appreciate the Feedback on the bluebird... I've only heard good things about it, but it's a bit expensive and somewhat hard to find where I am so I haven't taken a shot at using it. I may buy some of both the Hertel and the Bluebird so I can get a comparison of the two and stick with the one I like better. I generally like the all-temp wax because although I ride predominantly here on the ice coast, I do take trips out west and to deal with the hassle of stripping and re-waxing to all-temp kinda sucks
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
IznastY
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Pass the 'Super Hot Sauce' please, I love this stuff.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:33 PM   #20 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
arsenic0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Posts: 2,106
Default

Damn you NY'ers are coming strong on this thread lol...
__________________
'09 151 Never Summer SL-R
'10 K2 T1 DB Bots
'09 Burton Cartel Bindings
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums