New Innovative Equipment - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 06:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2
Smile New Innovative Equipment

Good Day Everybody!!
Just asking for a bit of advice and information on a new product we want to bring to the market. It would entail devising a device that would allow all your snowboarding activities to be monitored. For example your speed, flips, turns etc. That where you guys come in... We would like to open the floor to suggestions on what this device should do, Price Ranges etc. Anything at all, we are open to different ideas and who better to get them off but you guys.
Thanks in advance and we look forward to hearing everything
Snowboarding 4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-10-2013, 07:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
sabatoa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 1,949
Default

__________________
'12 NS Legacy 163
Days on snow 2013/2014 season:
  • Boyne Highlands: 14
  • Boyne Mountain: 1
  • Mt Holly: 1
  • Mt. Brighton: 1
  • Caberfae Peaks: 1
  • Crystal Mountain: 2
  • Bittersweet: 1
sabatoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarding 4U View Post
Good Day Everybody!!
Just asking for a bit of advice and information on a new product we want to bring to the market. It would entail devising a device that would allow all your snowboarding activities to be monitored. For example your speed, flips, turns etc. That where you guys come in... We would like to open the floor to suggestions on what this device should do, Price Ranges etc. Anything at all, we are open to different ideas and who better to get them off but you guys.
Thanks in advance and we look forward to hearing everything
err....like the free mobile apps people already use?
Jollybored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2
Default

No we want to develop a product that is separate to an app. We are wondering what would people like on this product. That would make it different to an app. Or what kind of device would you like that you could use to do with snowboarding
Thanks again
Snowboarding 4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 9,793
Default

So you're trying to build another version of the LIT? You're trying to solve a problem that has multiple solutions already.
__________________
Angry Snowboarder Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
The Swiss Miss
 
neni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Swiss Alps
Posts: 2,239
Default

Don't want to carry around ANOTHER device. You already carry your mobile (with +/- good monitoring apps) anyway. Most times also the avy tranceiver and TOKKO pocket driver. And can't live without my thermo soles and hand warmer things. Make something, that combines several tasks.

Make an avy tranceiver as good as the Barryvox Pulse, include GPS tracking/monitoring/speed measuring, include a GoPro like camera with batteries that last 4hrs and add a "hand warmer" button, all for under $500 and I'll buy it

Cheeper version: include your device into a pocket driver or a Swiss Army knife. Oh, please add a Philips screwdriver matching binding screws to the Swiss Army knife.
neni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
Not quite reformed yet
 
chomps1211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: S.E. Mich.
Posts: 3,313
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neni View Post
Don't want to carry around ANOTHER device. You already carry your mobile (with +/- good monitoring apps) anyway. Most times also the avy tranceiver and TOKKO pocket driver. And can't live without my thermo soles and hand warmer things. Make something, that combines several tasks.

Make an avy tranceiver as good as the Barryvox Pulse, include GPS tracking/monitoring/speed measuring, include a GoPro like camera with batteries that last 4hrs and add a "hand warmer" button, all for under $500 and I'll buy it

Cheeper version: include your device into a pocket driver or a Swiss Army knife. Oh, please add a Philips screwdriver matching binding screws to the Swiss Army knife.
...include an "Avy Airbag" that inflates into the shape of a HAWT Snowbunny!!!

(...I'm BACK Baby!!!)
__________________
You're only Young Once,.. but you can be Immature FOREVER!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15
chomps1211 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
The Swiss Miss
 
neni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Swiss Alps
Posts: 2,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
(...I'm BACK Baby!!!)
neni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
 
CassMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Whitefish MT
Posts: 1,860
Default

I would like a device that would be surgically implanted in my neck, it doesn't have to actually do anything, but I will tell everyone it can shoot lasers at will
CassMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 327
Default

is there a Strava for Snowboarders yet?
tanscrazydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
device, equipment, innovative

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums