Salomon Assassin 153 - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 7,492
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
That's what my roommate uses as his all mountain freestyle board.

Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friends
Nivek is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 07:10 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: South Coast, UK
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

Im another noob attracted by this particular post.. I've been hanging around for a while but decided to join up and start contributing.

I've been snowboarding for about 12 years, and for the vast majority of that time have been based in the UK so only make it out once a year really.. sometimes twice..

I have been riding a salomon fastback 163 for some time (I'm 6" tall and about 190lbs) but am finding it way too stiff to get anything more than a mini-Ollie out of it and don't feel like I am progressing.

I reckon the assassin would be a good replacement for me as it should give me a bit more flex for some jumping about, but still give me a good all-terrain board for those powder days and corduroy morning pistes..

What would you say?
Chadster77 is offline  
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-09-2014, 11:48 AM
Veteran Member
 
ridinbend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bend
Posts: 3,484
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
How about for replacing my Proto? I'm looking for something that will slay pow and be all mountain, a hair stiffer than the Proto. I'm totally off park it seems but I really like a centered stance twin that can float and butter yet be stable.

Is it damp at all? It doesn't need to be NS deaddamp but I enjoy some cushion for my older joints, don't like the bucked feeling.

point of reference: I would buy another Proto if they were the price of most other boards, but I'm just not in the market for a $600 deck that I'm going to destroy in 2 seasons.

I've avoided making my own thread for this until I'm actually ready to pull the trigger, but since I read this review, would love your thoughts.
Did you end up getting this board?
ridinbend is offline  
post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-09-2014, 11:53 AM
Banned!
 
snowklinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: L-Town
Posts: 6,804
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinbend View Post
Did you end up getting this board?
nope, planning to get something in the next couple months, but in a different financial spot so I may just go grab a proto at the mall. sounded like this is not the deck for me (OP) but am gonna take a hard look for/at the Greats (sounds like they are impossible to find anyway) first too.

Support Local Business
"Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!" - Ash

Last edited by snowklinger; 08-09-2014 at 11:58 AM.
snowklinger is offline  
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-09-2014, 12:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 467
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
nope, planning to get something in the next couple months, but in a different financial spot so I may just go grab a proto at the mall. sounded like this is not the deck for me (OP) but am gonna take a hard look for/at the Greats (sounds like they are impossible to find anyway) first too.
I've got a 56 Greats I'm looking to sell, shoot me a PM if your interested.
Brewtown is offline  
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-09-2014, 12:44 PM
Veteran Member
 
F1EA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,836
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadster77 View Post
Hi everyone,

Im another noob attracted by this particular post.. I've been hanging around for a while but decided to join up and start contributing.

I've been snowboarding for about 12 years, and for the vast majority of that time have been based in the UK so only make it out once a year really.. sometimes twice..

I have been riding a salomon fastback 163 for some time (I'm 6" tall and about 190lbs) but am finding it way too stiff to get anything more than a mini-Ollie out of it and don't feel like I am progressing.

I reckon the assassin would be a good replacement for me as it should give me a bit more flex for some jumping about, but still give me a good all-terrain board for those powder days and corduroy morning pistes..

What would you say?
Wow nobody answered...
I think the Assassin would be perfect for what you described, ~159cm.
F1EA is offline  
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014, 03:38 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How's the Assassin for charging? I want to be able to ride a board everywhere and do some jumps/tricks but worried about it being too soft for charging. How does the Assassin compare to Capita DOA? Thanks.
BigMountains is offline  
post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 7,492
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMountains View Post
How's the Assassin for charging? I want to be able to ride a board everywhere and do some jumps/tricks but worried about it being too soft for charging. How does the Assassin compare to Capita DOA? Thanks.
A bit softer in the tips. If you're really into it for the speed, Man's Board.

Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friends
Nivek is offline  
post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 10:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 467
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
A bit softer in the tips. If you're really into it for the speed, Man's Board.
How does the mans board handle pow? I was looking at one the other day and it seemed pretty close to full camber. Trying to get down to a two board quiver this year and I'm still looking for a big mountain/pow board to pair with my Villain.
Brewtown is offline  
post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-28-2014, 12:19 AM
Veteran Member
 
ridinbend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bend
Posts: 3,484
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewtown View Post
How does the mans board handle pow? I was looking at one the other day and it seemed pretty close to full camber. Trying to get down to a two board quiver this year and I'm still looking for a big mountain/pow board to pair with my Villain.
Sick stick yo
ridinbend is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome