|02-20-2014, 01:53 PM||#2 (permalink)|
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
You asking the best ones we've been to or???
Here's my top 5, in order, of ones I've been to:
- Fernie (my fave combination of terrain, vibe, lifts, and lack of people)
- Jay Peak (I consider this the East Coast equivalent of Fernie)
- Whistler (awesome terrain, sucks about the crowds)
- Kicking Horse (awesome terrain, maybe the best, but poor lift design and no real town vibe at all)
- Lake Louise (this has it all, good terrain, good vibe in Banff, good lift access, you can avoid crowds if careful, but it doesn't excel at any one aspect)
Honourable mentions to some of the NH and PQ resorts I've been to: Mount Sutton, Loon, Cannon, Tremblant, Stoneham, Mt St Anne. They were all fun in their own way.
I've also had good times at Sunshine (too many flats), Kimberley (poor lift system), Nakiska (I patrol here and it's got many pluses, but no extreme terrain), the Vancouver North shore resorts are fun too, Cypress in particular.
edit: I want to eventually hit Revelstoke, Jackson Hole, Schwitzer, and Mt Baker.
Last edited by poutanen; 02-20-2014 at 02:00 PM.
|02-20-2014, 02:05 PM||#3 (permalink)|
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Too Far from Real Vertical
I'll play, but true Bucket List is places you have yet to do. On my list:
Whistler ( get to strike it off in 4 weeks )
Telluride ( Hopefully next spring with no Altitude sickness)
If I can pull these off in the next 5 years, I'll be doing great and start another list.
Get it. Wax it. Ride it.
|02-20-2014, 02:12 PM||#4 (permalink)|
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Plymouth, NH
wow... for me....
i want to hit in no particular order:
all of tahoe
Mt. Hood (i wanna go to the camp)
im sure theres others and im probably missing a few obvious ones...
Where Ive been in order
Cannon(Can't beat it on a pow day.)
Waterville(i work here love the park set up.)
Stratton(went on a super bitter cold icy day.)
Montage(Love white lightening)
I really havent left the east coast...
It comes and it goes. Get it while it Lasts.
|02-20-2014, 03:09 PM||#8 (permalink)|
Join Date: Feb 2014
I want to ride vail
and revelstoke & big white
and some teton resorts
Currently ride whistler and grouse every week,
rode tremblant and marble(far east coast) and all the vancouver mountains
|02-20-2014, 03:46 PM||#10 (permalink)|
Join Date: Nov 2011
3. Jays Peak
4. Mt. Hood
5. Big Sky
In terms of mountains I've ridden...I've been fortunate enough to hit up some of the bigger names. Here is my list, but some of it skewed by my ability level at the time of going.
1. Whistler (most acreage and was not crowded when I went)
2. Jackson Hole (gnarly terrain. I learned at JH by taking group classes and it kicked my ass)
4. Park City
10. Hunter Mtn.
11. Sugar Mountain in NC
|north america, resorts|