Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   General Travel Forum (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/general-travel-forum/)
-   -   Anyone left here? Snowbird, Utah... (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/general-travel-forum/140402-anyone-left-here-snowbird-utah.html)

surfinsnow 05-19-2014 03:25 PM

Anyone left here? Snowbird, Utah...
 
My skiing buddy got sent on a biz trip and convinced his bosses to let him stay near Snowbird. He got there just as the last big dump of snow started falling. He said the mountain has been closing at about 2:00 pm each day because of warm temps. Then I got a text yesterday that he had to ride the tram down because he was at the top when they closed the mountain around noon because of an avalanche. Wow. On May 19th. Jealous.

t21 05-20-2014 12:56 AM

We(family) were at Ogden that weekend 16/17 for my daughters roller derby bout, and i honestly thought of bringing my gear but it was warm there at 82 degrees. Next time..:hope:

DrGreeNThumB420 05-20-2014 08:35 AM

May 17th Coloradohttp://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/media...al.jpg?w=600&h

chomps1211 05-20-2014 09:09 AM

Yup! Jealous doesn't even begin to cover it! :thumbsup: :bowdown:

BurtonAvenger 05-20-2014 09:28 AM

Was in knee to waist deep pow on Thursday.

deagol 05-20-2014 10:00 AM

I snowboarded down a 14er here on Sunday, got sunburned even with 3 coats of sunblock-- going on a canyoneering trip for a week, then will be back "home" to attempt another 14er snowboard descent the last weekend of May. Into June, I'm not sure what I'll do. There is a lot of home maintenance I've been neglecting.

andrewdod 05-20-2014 11:33 AM

Ughhh. So jealous that you guys are getting face shots in May! I wish the east coast got that kinda love!

PalmerFreak 05-20-2014 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surfinsnow (Post 1715802)
My skiing buddy got sent on a biz trip and convinced his bosses to let him stay near Snowbird. He got there just as the last big dump of snow started falling. He said the mountain has been closing at about 2:00 pm each day because of warm temps. Then I got a text yesterday that he had to ride the tram down because he was at the top when they closed the mountain around noon because of an avalanche. Wow. On May 19th. Jealous.

I'm at Snowbird right now (business trip to SLC and decided to stay in the mountains) but they're not open during the week this late in the season - Friday through Sunday only. Your buddy must have been riding on Sunday because the mountain was closed Monday the 19th. I was going to bring my gear but since I'm only here Mon - Fri I wouldn't have had a chance to get on the mountain. Snowbird is open this coming weekend but that's it for the season. The lower part of the mountain is mostly closed and pretty thin but the upper elevations still look decent.

Deacon 05-21-2014 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewdod (Post 1716585)
Ughhh. So jealous that you guys are getting face shots in May! I wish the east coast got that kinda love!

There's areas in New York that'll hook you up with that kind of... love.

:D:D:D:D

andrewdod 05-21-2014 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Deacon (Post 1717162)
There's areas in New York that'll hook you up with that kind of... love.



:D:D:D:D


Guess I set myself up for that one. Hahaha.... But seriously though... I wish we had snow... I'm summerizing my boards today...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2