Echo mountain resort,colorado review/input - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 07:40 PM
jtinault
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Echo mountain resort,colorado review/input

I hear good things and bad things about echo mountain in colorado. I dont know what to believe so if i can get some solid input and oppinions it would help out. i hear it cheap so thats why im considering it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 08:42 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
DrGreeNThumB420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 858
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I have ridden Echo a couple times. If your a park rat then its your place. If your looking to just freeride I wouldnt recommend it.....very small place mainly geared towards park riders. Has all kinds of jibs and jumps and even some decent trees if there was some recent powder.Night riding is a plus but unless u are looking for park it isnt best choice.

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free"
DrGreeNThumB420 is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 05:50 AM
Veteran Member
 
killclimbz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Front Range
Posts: 11,206
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
^^^What he said...
killclimbz is offline  
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 03:07 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 554
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The place is way too small for how many people go there...Especially on the weekends. Last season, they didn't have shit for snow till well into January. Less than 1/4 of their total 200 acres were open by the end of Dec last season. And if you were hoping that anyone that works at Echo isn't gona be a total dick to you, keep on dreaming.

It took me about 40-45 min to drive to Echo...Why go to Echo when you can make it to Loveland in 50-55 min and have 100x more terrain choices? Sure, it's super quick to get to the Evergreen exit, but it's a bit of a drive up a winding 2 lane mountain road (speed limit varies between 35 and 45mph) to get from the Evergreen exit on I-70 to Echo Mtn.
Gnarly is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 06:59 PM
jtinault
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarly View Post
The place is way too small for how many people go there...Especially on the weekends. Last season, they didn't have shit for snow till well into January. Less than 1/4 of their total 200 acres were open by the end of Dec last season. And if you were hoping that anyone that works at Echo isn't gona be a total dick to you, keep on dreaming.

It took me about 40-45 min to drive to Echo...Why go to Echo when you can make it to Loveland in 50-55 min and have 100x more terrain choices? Sure, it's super quick to get to the Evergreen exit, but it's a bit of a drive up a winding 2 lane mountain road (speed limit varies between 35 and 45mph) to get from the Evergreen exit on I-70 to Echo Mtn.
thanks i have been to loveland and thought it was good like you said, but i was wanting to expirement with different resorts. any other reccomendations? i mostly ride park but i love cruising down the mountain.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 11:55 PM
Veteran Member
 
linvillegorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Evergreen, CO
Posts: 8,940
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
If you mainly ride park, Echo is definitely worth checking out.
linvillegorge is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 11:24 AM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 554
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtinault View Post
thanks i have been to loveland and thought it was good like you said, but i was wanting to expirement with different resorts. any other reccomendations? i mostly ride park but i love cruising down the mountain.
If you ride mainly park, check out Keystone or Breckenridge. The park @ Loveland isn't the greatest. Park @ Keystone/Breck shit all over what Echo has got.
Gnarly is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 06:52 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
DrGreeNThumB420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 858
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarly View Post
If you ride mainly park, check out Keystone or Breckenridge. The park @ Loveland isn't the greatest. Park @ Keystone/Breck shit all over what Echo has got.
i disagree .....Echo's park is sick ....so many different features

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free"
DrGreeNThumB420 is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 08:28 PM
Veteran Member
 
earl_je's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Keystone, CO
Posts: 826
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGreeNThumB420 View Post
i disagree .....Echo's park is sick ....so many different features
Really? more than Area51?
earl_je is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 10:08 AM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 554
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGreeNThumB420 View Post
i disagree .....Echo's park is sick ....so many different features
They do have a bunch of features, but they're all packed into a really short run. The parks @ Breck and Keystone are so much bigger/longer. And if you wanted to hit some jumps, Echo only had 1 setup the few times I went.

Even if you're jibbin' it up at Echo, you pretty much hit 5 or 6 features and you're needing to get back on the lift where @ Keystone/Breck, you're only 1/4 of the way through the park. And you have much more variety of stuff @ Keystone/Breck...Specially @ Keystone since they have the park broken into skill levels. So if you want to hit some stuff that makes baby Jesus cry, Keystone's got it.

For getting in some park riding after work though, Echo is awesome!
Gnarly is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome