Mr B here from London
OK, I'm new to the forum but not to the working of forums...so yeah, I've searched and read like a mofo on my question but need some guidance from my esteemed powder freak colleagues (that's you lot!).
Right, I'm a London boy who got the boarding bug late in life...I'm 28 now, and only started in th last 3 years. My experience is limited to French and Swiss resorts (mainly 4 times in Morzine/Avoriaz)..
I'm soon to start an adventure of a lifetime which will begin with a season of boarding, followed by driving down from the states through Central America to South America. Well, that's the plan now
I don't know jack-sheet about American resorts, apart from what a friend told me, and bits of what I've read on here. Places like Whistler, Aspen, Vail, Summit County, Jackson Hole keep popping up.
OK, i'm a bit of a dreamer, so here's my list of what I'd like!! Places like Morzine offer this, so I guess the big guns over in the States can too
- somewhere that I can live in the mountains...the main point of the trip is so I can wake up in breaktaking scenery, in the snow, hop on a lift that's a 5 min walk from my apartment and get baording. From reading a lot of the posts here, it seems like a lot of people live in towns around resorts and drive up. I don't wanna live in concrete anymore!!! - I;m used to Swiss ride-in places..!
- somewhere with a community feel and where Seasonaires live(what do you call seasonaires in the states>?!). I want a bunch of cool people who I hang with, party with and ride with.
- huge amount of territory to explore.
- accesss to other resorts that are a 1-2 hour drive away where I can shoot off to when in need of a change
- some sun...I heard whistler gets a lot of cloud because of the coast??
- i'm single, and **ahem** want to make use of my English accent, so a place that has a good party scene! All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy!
- somewhere with decent accommodation to rent for 5 months..
A few people have said Vail/Aspen fit these?? But yeah...expensive?
- i won't need a job...I'll have over $10k saved by then and I earn a few thousand bucks a month doing internet marketing, so all I need is a decent internet connection
. I can board in the day, work evenings, party at night. However, my online income is patchy so I'm not some rich boy who is blowing money..plus I need to make it to Argentina!
- i'll buy a 4WD car, so transport ain't an issue
Thank y'all in advance...would be awesome to hear your views. Even if you just mention 5-10 places that you think will be cool, I can do a search on here for them..