Blue Mountain, Canada. Anyone ever been there? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2011, 11:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 541
Default Blue Mountain, Canada. Anyone ever been there?

I was looking at taking a long weekend up to Blue Mountain to try something new. Has anyone ever been here? If so, how was it? What's the town like? Unfortunately, I would be going towards the end of March so I know that the conditions will be lacking.
__________________
Bataleon Airobic, Ptex Iron
I need a name is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-20-2011, 12:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Stay Strapped
 
InfiniteEclipse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,121
Default

Hopefully you won't get shitty conditions at blue mountain, ontario at the end of march, but I'm leaning towards the yes you probably will... its a decent mountain, especially if you're not comparing it to ending out west. Lots of blues, and few black diamonds/doubles diamonds... three hill, the third hill is the one thats pure blacks but that one closes at 4:30... the other two hills are open till 10pm so you can get some sweet night ridding with mostly blues, a few blacks, and like 2 double blacks... Blue is well known for its park though, so if you're into that you won't be disappointed...

Its got a good nightlife supposedly, aside from a few bars though I don't really spend any time there. They have lots of hotels and ins right on site so you have a few options, and some of the rooms are pretty classy I'd say

Let me know if you have any specific questions.. there are a few people on the forum that go to blue
__________________
Did she say Strap-in or Strap-on?
InfiniteEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Newmarket, Ontario
Posts: 37
Default

ill be the one to answer all ur questions since i do have a pass there lol. The town of collingwood is nice and not to crowded, places to stay in town are not expensive as well. Theres a holiday inn about 5 mins before the hill and im assuming it would be a decent stay. Blue mountain is the only place in ontario of its caliber meaning its the bigggest "hill" not a mountain. Theres no mountains in ontario. Its a great hill though for its size, lots of runs, a good terrain park, some glades, a good atmosphere and theres a bar called rustys at the base of the mountain and it can get quite packed in. The village at the base, im not sure how much it is to stay in those places but they are nice too. Where abouts are you coming from?
havocRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by havocRider View Post
ill be the one to answer all ur questions since i do have a pass there lol. The town of collingwood is nice and not to crowded, places to stay in town are not expensive as well. Theres a holiday inn about 5 mins before the hill and im assuming it would be a decent stay. Blue mountain is the only place in ontario of its caliber meaning its the bigggest "hill" not a mountain. Theres no mountains in ontario. Its a great hill though for its size, lots of runs, a good terrain park, some glades, a good atmosphere and theres a bar called rustys at the base of the mountain and it can get quite packed in. The village at the base, im not sure how much it is to stay in those places but they are nice too. Where abouts are you coming from?
I'm from Ohio. It's about a six hour drive, but anything decent is six to eight hours away from me. What all is there to do in the town?

Would I be better off with Mont Tremblant at this time of year? It's a longer drive, but if it has better conditions I would spend the extra four hours in the car and just go there. I haven't been to Tremblant in over ten years, but all I remember was a nice town and ice.
__________________
Bataleon Airobic, Ptex Iron
I need a name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
AlexS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: MICH
Posts: 280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I need a name View Post
I'm from Ohio. It's about a six hour drive, but anything decent is six to eight hours away from me. What all is there to do in the town?

Would I be better off with Mont Tremblant at this time of year? It's a longer drive, but if it has better conditions I would spend the extra four hours in the car and just go there. I haven't been to Tremblant in over ten years, but all I remember was a nice town and ice.
Do Blue Mountain or head east to Vermont. Tremblant isn't too good, and yes it's more icy than most.
AlexS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexS View Post
Do Blue Mountain or head east to Vermont. Tremblant isn't too good, and yes it's more icy than most.

I would head out east to Vermont, but I go there two or three times a year and am looking for something new or that I haven't done in a while.
__________________
Bataleon Airobic, Ptex Iron
I need a name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Newmarket, Ontario
Posts: 37
Default

blue mountain will be A LOT cheaper for you then mont tremblant. If you go to blue mountain, you can always check out other hills in the area all within 30-45 mins from each other. Theres horseshoe, mount st louis moonstone which i believe has the third best ranked terrain park on the east coast and theres snow valley but that place lacks everything haha. Collingwood is a nice town man, lots of things to do. Im just not sure of its night life cause ive never partied in town but only in the blue village. Collingwood is about 10-15 drive from the actual mountain itself but theres alot of things to do right at the base. You can always drive up to barrie if your looking to party which is about a 45 min drive from collingwood.
havocRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
AlexS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: MICH
Posts: 280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I need a name View Post
I would head out east to Vermont, but I go there two or three times a year and am looking for something new or that I haven't done in a while.
NH? Add 2 hours to VT drive and you're there
AlexS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexS View Post
NH? Add 2 hours to VT drive and you're there
Never been to NH, but for that extra distance I would rather just take a flight out west and be done with it. I know it's only two or so hours away from VT, but a 14-15 hour drive is a little too much for me.

Anyone know of any other places on the East that have a fairly large town and decent slopes? I've been essentially everywhere in VT and NY, but I've only been in Canada for Tremblant and Whistler years ago.
__________________
Bataleon Airobic, Ptex Iron
I need a name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,052
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I need a name View Post
Never been to NH, but for that extra distance I would rather just take a flight out west and be done with it. I know it's only two or so hours away from VT, but a 14-15 hour drive is a little too much for me.

Anyone know of any other places on the East that have a fairly large town and decent slopes? I've been essentially everywhere in VT and NY, but I've only been in Canada for Tremblant and Whistler years ago.
Tremblant's good when it's good, but that's not this year. Icey. All the lake effect snow in southern Ontario this year missed it. All the storms that came up the east coast missed it. They make a lot of snow and that's basically what's up there. Good for them as it's not an epic year, but for that length of drive? 3 or 4 tanks of gas is almost a cheap plane ticket.

Southern Ontario certainly has the snow this year but is not blessed topographically. Personally, I'd go to Vermont/NH/Upstate NY if flying isn't an option
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums