Another trip coming up March 27 Mammoth Ca - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2011, 01:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 20
Default Another trip coming up March 27 Mammoth Ca

Going to Mammoth in Cali on the 27th of march - i know its late in the season but im keeping my fingers crossed for some fresh stuff. I see they just had a dump there yesterday and the last couple of days. Will be there for five days exploring all Mammoth has to offer.

I have heard they get snow all the way into april up there.
Gsoares2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-06-2011, 07:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Shocktroop531's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: park city , Utah
Posts: 500
Default

hah. march isn't nearly "late" for mammoth. they'll be open into july this year. have fun bro! pray for snow. and make sure to spend one day at June while there too.
Shocktroop531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Qball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mt. Hood, Oregon
Posts: 1,284
Default

March is prime season around here, we get snowstorms sometimes all the way until june.
Qball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fullerton Ca[Orange County]
Posts: 48
Default

Do what Shocktroop531 said...go to Mammoth but make sure you go to June at least once.I went this past weekend and the snow was great,people friendly and the longest lift I waited in was 30 seconds[although the 1st lift was slow].Mammoth will be open until July for sure.
carsbybigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 20
Default

Frocast is looking good - 10 days of snow forcasted, still showing snow for the day I arrive!

Only downside is the radiation floating over from Japan - oh well no risk no reward.
Gsoares2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fullerton Ca[Orange County]
Posts: 48
Default

Both resorts got more snow yesterday[Thurs] and more is forecast for this weekend.It should be great conditions for ya.
carsbybigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9
Default

How's driving up there when it's snowing? I'm heading up next weekend (24th-27th) and it looks like it might snow.. a bit hard to tell since its still a week out and the weather reports aren't that great when its that far out. just wondering if I should bring cables/chains for the car.
WillC310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 01:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fullerton Ca[Orange County]
Posts: 48
Default

Always carry chains.They are really good at clearing the 395...it's in Mammoth that it gets kinda dicey.
carsbybigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 81
Default

I drove up there twice this year, it was snowing both times. At Thanksgiving it was blowing snow, pretty slick, and between Xmas and New Years it was not quite as bad but 395 was closed for the last 12 or so miles (for I think a few hours). Good luck getting any warning.. nothing in Bishop saying the road was closed, nothing on the radio station they list on the road signs, and all CA-DOT said was, "take alternate route", and of course there is none. So like they said, bring chains and if it's dicey maybe just stop in Bishop and see if anyone knows anything.
__________________
Mike

2010 Arbor Element
2010 Rome Targa
2011 NS Evo
2011 Rome 390 Boss
2009 Salomon F22
mwl001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
jdang307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,802
Default

If everything works out, local mountain this weekend (bear/snow summit), Mammoth next, and Tahoe for one day week after (Fiance is working up in Nor cal, so i'm flying up to help her drive down ... with a detour up I-80!). Mammoth looks to be dumping this weekend until Monday. Next week is pretty clear for us, so it's a tradeoff. No powder (I'm praying for at least a dusting) but clear roads and great weather.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums