Anyone going to VT this weekend? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2011, 12:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 32
Default Anyone going to VT this weekend?

Seems they got a decent amount of snow the other day and is expecting to get a bit more tom too.

I'm thinking about doing a bus trip out of NYC for a day on sat or sun.
qUikSiLvEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-23-2011, 12:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 51
Default

Forecast is calling for more snow in the Catskills than southern Vermont. I'm heading upstate Sat.

I'd rather do Vermont but can't stand sitting in the bus for over 4 hours. Which bus co are you going with?
itchynscratchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 32
Default

Yeah I checked the Catskills but they seem to be only getting a few inches as well. I don't mind the bus ride really since personally 4hrs isn't much to me and I sleep most of the way anyways.

I'm thinking about going with Emilio's. Just haven't decided what day I want to go yet. I'm leaning towards Sunday for Mt. Snow.
qUikSiLvEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 51
Male

Go Sat and try Homage.
They pickup in Brooklyn, near union sq and upper east side i think. MUCH cheaper and same buses.
mt snow & stratton is 80$. Emilio's charges 20$ more and then they add a 2$ convenience fee on top of that, WTF.

Also i'd do Sat. Snow on sunday wouldn't be as nice as Sat.
itchynscratchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 51
Default

weather.com says catskills is expecting 5-8inches ovr next 36 hours.
itchynscratchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
lo0p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 210
Default

I went to Mount snow the last 2 week ends. The first one was pretty nice, but last week end the snow was kinda crappy (more like chopped ice really). The weather was gorgeous though.

I'm going to Hunter this Saturday. I'm taking the Blades bus. I only picked them because my g/f lives a few blocks from their UWS location.
__________________
.lo0p
lo0p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchynscratchy View Post
weather.com says catskills is expecting 5-8inches ovr next 36 hours.
I must have accidently clicked on the wrong location, but yeah I see that now. Now I'm considering this lol. But isn't it all wet snow anyways? A lot of the snow falling everywhere was a wintry mix. Here in NJ, it was all wet snow, the heavy and slushy kind.

I actually forgot about homage so thanks for reminding me.


Quote:
Originally Posted by lo0p View Post
I went to Mount snow the last 2 week ends. The first one was pretty nice, but last week end the snow was kinda crappy (more like chopped ice really). The weather was gorgeous though.

I'm going to Hunter this Saturday. I'm taking the Blades bus. I only picked them because my g/f lives a few blocks from their UWS location.
Thanks for the report on the mt. Well they got some fresh snow in so hopefully it won't be too choppy if I do go there. How are the prices on Blade compare to the other bus co's?
qUikSiLvEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
lo0p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qUikSiLvEr View Post
Thanks for the report on the mt. Well they got some fresh snow in so hopefully it won't be too choppy if I do go there. How are the prices on Blade compare to the other bus co's?
$80 for the round trip + lift ticket, which I think is in line with the others.
And for mount snow I forgot to mention that they dropped the price of their lift tickets between the 2 week ends.
__________________
.lo0p
lo0p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qUikSiLvEr View Post
I must have accidently clicked on the wrong location, but yeah I see that now. Now I'm considering this lol. But isn't it all wet snow anyways? A lot of the snow falling everywhere was a wintry mix. Here in NJ, it was all wet snow, the heavy and slushy kind.

I actually forgot about homage so thanks for reminding me.
Not sure how the snow will be but appears they'll be below freezing the next few days.
I'd rather ride on wet snow than ice or grass.
itchynscratchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lo0p View Post
$80 for the round trip + lift ticket, which I think is in line with the others.
And for mount snow I forgot to mention that they dropped the price of their lift tickets between the 2 week ends.
Yeah, I just checked them out and thanks.


Quote:
Originally Posted by itchynscratchy View Post
Not sure how the snow will be but appears they'll be below freezing the next few days.
I'd rather ride on wet snow than ice or grass.
Very true... but I think I might take my chances with Mt. Snow since I like the trails a lot better than Hunter. And I want to try out my new bindings in the terrain park too.
qUikSiLvEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums