Planning trip to the north for next season, Whistler or Vail/Aspen or other???
Hi guys, I'm start doing some research about what I wanna visit for my next vacations, (15- 17 days approx) My snowboard xp is just limited to inside my country and would like to hit some real shit...
So far, I were looking these 2 locations since Aspen-vail is pretty popular where I live and Whistler, well it also has its reputation.
what I expect to get:
1. Good snow, fucking awesome pow
2. Big mountains with not big lift lines :-P
3. park for intermediates (in my country you have silly jumps/rails and then the big ones, non progressive learning)
4. Cheap accommodation / living / tickets (hostels, cook your own meal at nite, cheap bus to the resort, etc spend less as possible in this aspect considering that 1 dollar = 4 pesos :-S)
5. Nightlife ( meet travelers, have fun, etc, what can I say, Argentinian's like to party :-P)
6. Some decent snow shopping ( I'll travel w/o my equipment and buy it there, here prices for snow goods are ridiculous)
8. did I say pow?
with all that said I would like to hear your thoughts about where I should go and when (I can take holidays after mid December)