Killington, VT - next weekend - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 99
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Killington, VT - next weekend

Hey everyone. Now I'm dying to go snowboarding and been telling my buddies that we should go snowboarding on the thanksgiving weekend. we live in NYC so besides the resorts in poconos such as hunter, the best options we have are in Vermont which is 4-5 hours away.

I was wondering if anybody went to Killington yet or how do you think it will be on thanksgiving weekend as far as snow quality - crowd, etc...

Thanks
druj is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 06:35 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
While i have not been up there this season yet i do know that its 3 trails open now. i also thought of this same idea and talked to many other people that want to go up thanksgiving weekend. I suspect it will be extremely packed with the fact that its really the only mountain open and everyone has off from work and its 3 trails. I have decided not to go after thinking about it
Soawsome is offline  
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 99
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soawsome View Post
While i have not been up there this season yet i do know that its 3 trails open now. i also thought of this same idea and talked to many other people that want to go up thanksgiving weekend. I suspect it will be extremely packed with the fact that its really the only mountain open and everyone has off from work and its 3 trails. I have decided not to go after thinking about it
I assume they'll be opening more trails by Thanksgiving.. I don't think they'll want to run with only 3 trails on thanksgiving weekend... It would be terrible for business.
druj is offline  
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 06:42 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Tech420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 516
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soawsome View Post
While i have not been up there this season yet i do know that its 3 trails open now. i also thought of this same idea and talked to many other people that want to go up thanksgiving weekend. I suspect it will be extremely packed with the fact that its really the only mountain open and everyone has off from work and its 3 trails. I have decided not to go after thinking about it
WRONG.....just went top to bottom this afternoon
Tech420 is offline  
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 99
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech420 View Post
WRONG.....just went top to bottom this afternoon
Hey Tech420!! How was it, tell me about it.. I'm dying to ride!!!
druj is offline  
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 06:47 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Tech420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 516
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by druj View Post
Hey Tech420!! How was it, tell me about it.. I'm dying to ride!!!
Well I have been going every weekend since they opened. Conditions aren't too bad, it's nice riding in 40+ degree weather right now . I left before it went T2B today, but I can post back tomorrow with an update. Crowds aren't overely bad on the mountain, but the lift line gets backed up. I am hoping this changes tomorrow with the expanded terrain.
Tech420 is offline  
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 99
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech420 View Post
Well I have been going every weekend since they opened. Conditions aren't too bad, it's nice riding in 40+ degree weather right now . I left before it went T2B today, but I can post back tomorrow with an update. Crowds aren't overely bad on the mountain, but the lift line gets backed up. I am hoping this changes tomorrow with the expanded terrain.
Are they talking about the thanksgiving weekend? Like, how many trails or lifts they're planning to open
druj is offline  
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 06:56 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Tech420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 516
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by druj View Post
Are they talking about the thanksgiving weekend? Like, how many trails or lifts they're planning to open
They are top to bottom right now. Apparently started today around 2PM. Bump this thread up tomorrow afternoon and I'll try to remember to post a detailed update. Go on their website and look at the interactive map (look at snowmaking trails)
Tech420 is offline  
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 10:39 AM
Veteran Member
 
LuckyRVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 1,684
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm planning the same trip from NYC to VT next weekend. I'll be keeping an eye on the conditions everyday from now on. Things look promising though...

Ski Resort : Weather Underground
LuckyRVA is offline  
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 99
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyRVA View Post
I'm planning the same trip from NYC to VT next weekend. I'll be keeping an eye on the conditions everyday from now on. Things look promising though...

Ski Resort : Weather Underground
how do you plan on going? Bus or car? I don't have a car so I was looking at the bus tours but couldn't find anything daily
druj is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome