Killington and Whiteface - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2011, 09:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 22
Default Killington and Whiteface

So I am planning a couple of trips for this year and trying to decide between these 2. I want to go to one of them on the dec 16th weekend and then the other for the week of January 2nd (mid-week 3/4 days). Now I live in Toronto so whiteface is only 6/7 hours away. So its quicker to get to for a weekend getaway.

Which place would you go to for the week long trip in January?
The_Bully is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-25-2011, 09:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
lo0p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Bully View Post
So I am planning a couple of trips for this year and trying to decide between these 2. I want to go to one of them on the dec 16th weekend and then the other for the week of January 2nd (mid-week 3/4 days). Now I live in Toronto so whiteface is only 6/7 hours away. So its quicker to get to for a weekend getaway.

Which place would you go to for the week long trip in January?
Are you only looking at those 2 or are you opened to other suggestions in the area?
Also, the weather has been very mild in the NE so far, I don't know how things will be by Dec. 16th
__________________
.lo0p
lo0p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 22
Default

I am open to other suggestions in the area. I know the weather has been mild but I am hoping it will change by the 16th. Its 13 Celsius today in Toronto.
The_Bully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
surfinsnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 720
Default

I think you've got much better choices than either of those two, although I admit that I can't speak for Whiteface. I've never been there. All I know is that Killington blows unless your priority is partying. I know lots of people will disagree with me, but they tend to be New Yorkers, for whom Killington seems to be some sort of Mecca. If you want a real big-mountain experience, there is Sugarbush, Sunday River, Stowe and Jay Peak (the last two are my faves, while Sugarbush's two separate mountains for one ticket are pretty sweet, too).

I do agree that at the rate we're going, you'll be hard pressed to find a fully open mountain by Dec 16th, but you never know.

Last edited by surfinsnow; 11-26-2011 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Typos
surfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Hodgepodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC/CT
Posts: 367
Default

though it has been mild, its cold enough for there to be snow. killington has been open since the middle of november. anyways i prefer killington. it's bigger, and not as cold as whiteface. whiteface is cold as FUCK. if you like the nightlife aspect of wherever you go, you should definitely go to whiteface. Lake Placid is buzzing all the time, it's a great town. killington for riding, whiteface for the full experience.
__________________
-HodgePodge
Hodgepodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Tech420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 516
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post
though it has been mild, its cold enough for there to be snow. killington has been open since the middle of november. anyways i prefer killington. it's bigger, and not as cold as whiteface. whiteface is cold as FUCK. if you like the nightlife aspect of wherever you go, you should definitely go to whiteface. Lake Placid is buzzing all the time, it's a great town. killington for riding, whiteface for the full experience.
Middle of Novemeber? What kind of calender are you using? They have been open since the end of October.
Tech420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 01:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
lo0p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfinsnow View Post
I know lots of people will disagree with me, but they tend to be New Yorkers, for whom Killington seems to be some sort of Mecca.
Well, it's a matter of options, or rather lack thereof.
When you're in NYC, Killington / southern VT is pretty much as good as it gets for a week end trip. And it definitely beats Hunter Mountain.
__________________
.lo0p
lo0p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lo0p View Post
Well, it's a matter of options, or rather lack thereof.
When you're in NYC, Killington / southern VT is pretty much as good as it gets for a week end trip. And it definitely beats Hunter Mountain.
Saying its better than Hunter Mtn is not really saying much.
deeken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 06:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Hodgepodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC/CT
Posts: 367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech420 View Post
Middle of Novemeber? What kind of calender are you using? They have been open since the end of October.
i've been using a chinese calendar no wonder!!!

-__- sorry for the mix up, i didnt know they opened right after the premature snowstorm
__________________
-HodgePodge
Hodgepodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 06:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
surfinsnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 720
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post
i've been using a chinese calendar no wonder!!!

-__- sorry for the mix up, i didnt know they opened right after the premature snowstorm
WOO HOO! 70 bucks for 30 trails and 600' of vert! (That's Killyspeak for about 10 trails, and the 600' walk back to your car at the end of the day).
surfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums