Off to Les 2 Alpes tomorrow - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Whitey161's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Off to Les 2 Alpes tomorrow

Hey all,

Its that time of year and me and a mate thought we would book a cheeky week in Les 2 Alpes. We are off the 9th december to the 16th. Was so worried about snow conditions but luckily they have had a half decent amount over the last few days.

I know its not great conditions but its better than none lol.

Just wondered if anyone had been there and could share some experinces of it or give me any tips/guides to the resort? the park is on the glacier and having never snowboarded on a glacier before all i can picture is sheet ice...is this the case?

Thanks for listening

P.S. Id like to credit this site with getting me into mountain biking. I saw so many people talk about it come end of last season and thought why not give it a go as something to do in the summer months. Ive now got a specialized pitch and get out on it doing trails, xc and DH as much as possible. Its put away for the winter now though.
Whitey161 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Senior Member
 
Sean-h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Belgium
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey161 View Post
Hey all,

Its that time of year and me and a mate thought we would book a cheeky week in Les 2 Alpes. We are off the 9th december to the 16th. Was so worried about snow conditions but luckily they have had a half decent amount over the last few days.

I know its not great conditions but its better than none lol.

Just wondered if anyone had been there and could share some experinces of it or give me any tips/guides to the resort? the park is on the glacier and having never snowboarded on a glacier before all i can picture is sheet ice...is this the case?

Thanks for listening

P.S. Id like to credit this site with getting me into mountain biking. I saw so many people talk about it come end of last season and thought why not give it a go as something to do in the summer months. Ive now got a specialized pitch and get out on it doing trails, xc and DH as much as possible. Its put away for the winter now though.
I can only the question about snowboarding on a glacier. I went to Stubaier-Gletscher in Austria in April this year, some great spring riding. I think it all depends on when you go, how much snow is on the glacier, as the glacier itself is just that, solid ice. Have a look with Google Earth at a glacier, assuming the shot was taken in the summer, you will see the glacier, but if it is a winter shot, you won't, as it will be covered with snow.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
Sean-h is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 06:31 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi there!
I assume i'm a bit late for advises and such, but i'm going there this next summer for 2 weeks on a freestyle camp.
How was it? I've heard the park shoud be sublime during the summer, even though i can't imagine because of the glacier factor you mentioned.
Also, just generally, how'd you like the atmosphere and feel of the place, people and such, as this for me is almost even more important than the resort itself, clichéish lol.
Runojc is offline  
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 07:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The resort is GREAT ... IF there is good snow. Amazing off piste, but if snow is lacking is just a medium resort...

Going to Tignes in 21st january dumping as hell
Raines is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 03:50 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah i know, looks very promising!
Going there in late march myself, so i hope the conditions will last that long
Also going to Grandvalira in Andorra the 22th of january, and Val Thorens in february!
Runojc is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 06:12 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runojc View Post
Yeah i know, looks very promising!
Going there in late march myself, so i hope the conditions will last that long
Also going to Grandvalira in Andorra the 22th of january, and Val Thorens in february!
i hate you man
Raines is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 07:13 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raines View Post
i hate you man
Haha, i know right
Have a good trip anyway!
Runojc is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 09:10 AM
Senior Member
 
Slush Puppie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: French Alps
Posts: 317
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raines View Post
The resort is GREAT ... IF there is good snow. Amazing off piste, but if snow is lacking is just a medium resort...

Going to Tignes in 21st january dumping as hell
Have a great time in Tignes, I was out there before Xmas and the snow was epic - over 2 meters fell in 2 weeks


Attached Images
File Type: jpg epic snow.jpg (78.1 KB, 28 views)
Slush Puppie is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 03:08 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Whitey161's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK so i went to Les 2 Alpes 9th december for a week.

I really enjoyed it, the resort is great, good night life and plenty of reasonably priced places to eat.
Smithys and then atmosphere was good for a night out, and there is also pano bar on the slopes which was good fun.

We had some huge dumpings of snow, unfortunately very abd visibility for the last few days but snow was amazing. Down the front of the mountain back into resort was some good off piste and it was below the blizzard.

Overall very good. Youll enjoy it
Whitey161 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome