Steamboat Springs, CO - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 03:04 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Steamboat Springs, CO

I am headed to Steamboat Springs, CO in mid December. I got hooked up with a condo at the resort from a buddy. I was wondering if anyone has been there and what their experience was like while they were there or if they have received any word of mouth from anyone about it.
Brigius is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 04:13 AM
Senior Member
 
henry06x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 381
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigius View Post
I am headed to Steamboat Springs, CO in mid December. I got hooked up with a condo at the resort from a buddy. I was wondering if anyone has been there and what their experience was like while they were there or if they have received any word of mouth from anyone about it.
I have been to steamboat twice in late December and both times were good for different reasons. The first time I went was with family and a decent snow year. It stays shielded from the wind because the max elevataion is just above tree level. We didn't have great snow but what we did was good. It is know as having "champaign powder" and although I did not get to experiance the powder it is known for it was still one of my best snow condition year trips I've taken to Colorado. My second trip was last year on a bad snow condition year and I stayed with locals (I work with a lady who's daughter and son lived in steamboat for a year). We stayed over New years and had a great time. Although the snow was shit and some of the iciest I have ever ridden (and I am from the east coast) the nightlife made up for it. Granted we did have half a dozen locals showing us the hot spots, all the major bars downtown were packed and a great time. Steamboat both times proved to be an extremely fun area and I wish sometime I can make it back it very good conditions!
Hope this helped!
Henry.


Academy Propaganda rev - Rome 390 Boss
New for 14-15
Yes the Basic - Now IPO
henry06x is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by henry06x View Post
I have been to steamboat twice in late December and both times were good for different reasons. The first time I went was with family and a decent snow year. It stays shielded from the wind because the max elevataion is just above tree level. We didn't have great snow but what we did was good. It is know as having "champaign powder" and although I did not get to experiance the powder it is known for it was still one of my best snow condition year trips I've taken to Colorado. My second trip was last year on a bad snow condition year and I stayed with locals (I work with a lady who's daughter and son lived in steamboat for a year). We stayed over New years and had a great time. Although the snow was shit and some of the iciest I have ever ridden (and I am from the east coast) the nightlife made up for it. Granted we did have half a dozen locals showing us the hot spots, all the major bars downtown were packed and a great time. Steamboat both times proved to be an extremely fun area and I wish sometime I can make it back it very good conditions!
Hope this helped!
Henry.
Well ever since I lined up the condo and the rest of the trip I have been stoked about going. So any info helps. I will be sure to post on how my trip turned out when that time comes.
Brigius is offline  
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 12:30 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 11,672
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Mountains flat as fuck but if you see something you want to ride just go for it.

Angry Snowboarder Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 02:16 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
2hipp4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Flatrock
Posts: 376
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Mountains flat as fuck but if you see something you want to ride just go for it.
^^^^^^
This

Also
Expensive as hell, not a good value for what you get in my IMHO. Be prepaired with your spyder gear, honestly I think they should change the name to spyder mountain.
2hipp4u is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome