Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   General Travel Forum (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/general-travel-forum/)
-   -   Going to be in Vail from 23rd to 27th...Anyone going to be around? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/general-travel-forum/51193-going-vail-23rd-27th-anyone-going.html)

nofxn 11-15-2012 08:47 AM

Going to be in Vail from 23rd to 27th...Anyone going to be around?
 
I am guessing it is going to be too early in the season to do the bowls? I am going to focus on linking turns and perfecting my snowboarding with confidence. I am an east coast boarder so learning is slow when you have to worry about ice shattering your ass.

If any of you guys are going to be around, I wouldn't mind grabbing a beer or doing a few runs.

Also does anyone know how well snowboards do as checked baggage? lol

sleev-les 11-15-2012 09:15 AM

Your focus needs MOAR focus! :cheeky4:

nofxn 11-15-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleev-les (Post 539376)
Your focus needs MOAR focus! :cheeky4:

You are one cheeky kunt mate:laugh:

sleev-les 11-15-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nofxn (Post 539381)
You are one cheeky kunt mate:laugh:

I got your text. My ass was passed out. I'm going to order a gopro3 soon. Thing looks tits.. May get those oakley goggles with the HUD in them too lol... Did you check out the Jay Peak trip? I'm thinking about hitting that up, then doing the miscer meet at Killington in late January..... Let me know what you think..

nofxn 11-15-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleev-les (Post 539388)
I got your text. My ass was passed out. I'm going to order a gopro3 soon. Thing looks tits.. May get those oakley goggles with the HUD in them too lol... Did you check out the Jay Peak trip? I'm thinking about hitting that up, then doing the miscer meet at Killington in late January..... Let me know what you think..

I don't know why everyone is still in preordering mode for them when you can just walk into bestbuy and grab one. I saw the oakleys, they are pretty cool but man that price is freaking steep as hell. Honestly, any VT trip will work for me as long as it falls on the weekend for some part of it. We should rent out a Condo and split that cost amongst ourselves.

sleev-les 11-15-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nofxn (Post 539390)
I don't know why everyone is still in preordering mode for them when you can just walk into bestbuy and grab one. I saw the oakleys, they are pretty cool but man that price is freaking steep as hell. Honestly, any VT trip will work for me as long as it falls on the weekend for some part of it. We should rent out a Condo and split that cost amongst ourselves.

Thats what the East Coast meet is. $640 from a Thursday to Tuesday, includes condo and 6 day lift tickets. Price is kickass and the time you get out there seems badass.. A bunch of people are going from here... Looks like you can get there on Wednesday night too so you get all Thursday to board.

nofxn 11-15-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleev-les (Post 539391)
Thats what the East Coast meet is. $640 from a Thursday to Tuesday, includes condo and 6 day lift tickets. Price is kickass and the time you get out there seems badass.. A bunch of people are going from here... Looks like you can get there on Wednesday night too so you get all Thursday to board.

What are the dates? I didn't see this in the boarding thread? I am guessing some douche put it on FB?:D

sleev-les 11-15-2012 09:38 AM

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/mee...oast-meet.html

nofxn 11-15-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleev-les (Post 539400)

Damn can't take off work like that since I am already taking a couple day off from Vail. Maybe I can work some last minute magic.

Don't we have the MISC meetup tenatively around that time too?

sleev-les 11-15-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nofxn (Post 539405)
Damn can't take off work like that since I am already taking a couple day off from Vail. Maybe I can work some last minute magic.

Don't we have the MISC meetup tenatively around that time too?

I think I'm going to plan the misc meet closer to the beginning of Feb or late January.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2