Breckenridge - Jan vs March - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Veteran Member
 
killclimbz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Front Range
Posts: 11,265
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Nope, that would be a first if I thought it was a must visit in Utah.
killclimbz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 03:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my 2 cents

With CO having a bad start to the season...i just got back from Wolf Creek, CO... horrible conditions right now just like everywhere there now

I would highly reccomend Jackson Hole, WY

the past 5 years I have done..in order.. Breck, Vail, Keystone, Heavenly, Sqauw Valley, Whistler, Jackson Hole, and Wolf Creek.

Whistler and Jackson Hole were by far the best combination of riding and partying.. Jackson Hole is extremely easy to get to from the airport, 30 min $20 round trip bus, door to door.

Whistler was longer but a beautiful bus ride from the airport. A little of over two hours $50 round trip door to door

IMO .... Jackson has the most consistant snowfall in the country.. again.. just my 2 cents
jbernste03 is offline  
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 05:04 PM
Veteran Member
 
killclimbz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Front Range
Posts: 11,265
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Southwest doesn't fly into Jackson. Which kind of rules it out as a choice for this person. Never a bad choice, but it won't work here.
killclimbz is offline  
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 05:28 PM
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 6,600
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
What aboot Canaduh eh? I hears we gots the snow up here! At least that's whay my igloo telly tells me! I've been riding since October.
poutanen is offline  
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 06:26 PM
Veteran Member
 
killclimbz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Front Range
Posts: 11,265
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Oh fuck you Canadians and your fucking awesome snow and huge vertical. Fuckers.

*kicks the sand in his high mountain desert*
killclimbz is offline  
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 06:49 PM
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 6,600
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
Oh fuck you Canadians and your fucking awesome snow and huge vertical. Fuckers.


It's taken us 150 years to be better than you guys at SOMETHING! Okay our beer and rye are pretty good, but the snowboarding! I was thinking about Alaska last year but realized we have a longer season in the Alberta rockies than almost anywhere else...

Anyway, I'll do a little snow dance for you. We all deserve a big helping of the white stuff!
poutanen is offline  
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks all!

Thanks all for the advice! Unfortunately, airfare to the top 3 places I want to visit sometime in my life (montana, wyoming, and canada) is a bit much for my wallet these days, but hopefully I can get there one day...

for this trip in particular, i am most likely leaning towards heavenly in march. i am probably biased, but i am kind of in love with the views of the lake and the idea of crossing statelines via a snowboard. plus, the casino hotel rates did end up being really low! as for the terrain, there is probably much better and cheaper mountains, but i'm not picky about that because anything would be better than my lil hills over here. transport wise, shuttle from the airport to the casino is looking pretty cheap, and i was told there's a shuttle between the casino and heavenly..i'm hoping maybe i can find a bus or shuttle service to spend one of the days at kirkwood too, but their shuttle schedule isn't up yet.

wish me luck and thanks again for all the input!!
ashleyalcan is offline  
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 08:39 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
neednsnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 1,348
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyalcan View Post
Thanks all for the advice! Unfortunately, airfare to the top 3 places I want to visit sometime in my life (montana, wyoming, and canada) is a bit much for my wallet these days, but hopefully I can get there one day...

for this trip in particular, i am most likely leaning towards heavenly in march. i am probably biased, but i am kind of in love with the views of the lake and the idea of crossing statelines via a snowboard. plus, the casino hotel rates did end up being really low! as for the terrain, there is probably much better and cheaper mountains, but i'm not picky about that because anything would be better than my lil hills over here. transport wise, shuttle from the airport to the casino is looking pretty cheap, and i was told there's a shuttle between the casino and heavenly..i'm hoping maybe i can find a bus or shuttle service to spend one of the days at kirkwood too, but their shuttle schedule isn't up yet.

wish me luck and thanks again for all the input!!
I think you made a good decision. The Lake View is pretty Spectacular, especially when you go from viewing the Nevada desert to viewing the lake on the same run. If you are staying at the Casinos, it is just a simple walk out to the Gondola lift that takes you up to the hill....no shuttle required....again, killer view.

As for the Kirkwood Shuttle, highly recommended! I've taken it a few times and it is a decent price and a worthwhile trip.

In March, I'll probably be in the area the whole month. Let me know if you need someone to show you around Heavenly or Kwoo.

Neednsnow.com:
Traveling the States and Taking Pictures
neednsnow is offline  
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 10:36 AM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,608
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post


It's taken us 150 years to be better than you guys at SOMETHING! Okay our beer and rye are pretty good, but the snowboarding! I was thinking about Alaska last year but realized we have a longer season in the Alberta rockies than almost anywhere else...

Anyway, I'll do a little snow dance for you. We all deserve a big helping of the white stuff!
dont forget hockey...
Lamps is offline  
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 02:36 PM
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 6,600
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamps View Post
dont forget hockey...
Bah! I'm a football fan and the NFL is WAYYYYY better than the CFL. I'd rather watch a high school football game from the states than our version of football.

Our women are hot but I think that's due to all the inter-background breeding. Get some eastern european blood in the gene pool and it spruces things up.
poutanen is offline  
Reply

Tags
breckenridge, january, march

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome