Yeah not an unexpected response RE fernie. Good stuff! It'll likely be feb 2014. So peak. Might call some places to get a read. Thanks for the help guys!
Each place seems to have their own specialty. This all depends on snow but:
- Fernie has probably the largest quantity of glades, and a great helping of chutes, cliffs, etc.
- Nakiska has fantastic grooming, and their park looks better this year
- Lake Louise has the best park in the area, except maybe COP but that doesn't count for me
- Sunshine usually gets larger snow dumps, and it's got a wide variety of terrain
- Kicking Horse has chutes, chutes, and more chutes, other than that I didn't think it was as good as the hype
- Revelstoke has lots of Vert (biggest in NA of course), but other than that I've heard it's not amazing, good but not amazing
- I'll be heading to whistler in a few weeks so can report back then