Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   General Travel Forum (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/general-travel-forum/)
-   -   Whistler BC - Weather calling for rain, mean snow in mountains? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/general-travel-forum/72858-whistler-bc-weather-calling-rain-mean.html)

golfer1659 03-08-2013 05:59 PM

Whistler BC - Weather calling for rain, mean snow in mountains?
 
10 Day Weather Forecast for Whistler Blackcomb - weather.com


Here is the 10 day weather pattern and I will be riding next friday through monday and it calls for rain all week and then rain for the weekend I will be there. Does that mean snow in the mountains??

EatMyTracers 03-08-2013 06:08 PM

Whistler Blackcomb

unsunken 03-08-2013 06:09 PM

Whistler Blackcomb - Snow & Weather Forecast - Whistler, BC, Canada

golfer1659 03-08-2013 06:14 PM

I ride the east coast. Dont know what this freezing level shit is all about. It either rains or snows.

I am honestly thinking of canceling since its going to be raining. Dont want to waste a ton of money on shit conditions.

I dont know the mountain nor where I will be riding on the mountain. Just dont want to ride in rain.

EatMyTracers 03-08-2013 06:16 PM

You clearly didn't go to the link I put. You don't even deserve to go, let me go for you.

golfer1659 03-08-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EatMyTracers (Post 817770)
You clearly didn't go to the link I put. You don't even deserve to go, let me go for you.

First off I went to the link ok, so I am already a little T'd off about the whole situation. So please refrain from your NON funny jokes.


I just dont know what levels I will be riding at on the mountain or how the lifts work. I dont know shit basically and its pissing me off, lol, and to boot it looks like shit conditions. I dont even know how to get to the alpine where it will be snow and how much rain I will have to go through. Mother nature is such a bitch............FML

unsunken 03-08-2013 06:25 PM

disclaimer: My only formal education about weather was in 6th grade.
Freezing level means that at that elevation and higher, the air temperature will remain below freezing. So if the freezing level is around 1200m (which is forecasted for one of the days next week), elevations above 1200m will stay below freezing. Whistler village is at 675m and the top of the mountain is about 2200m. At Whistler, it takes about 3 lifts to get to the top of the mountain. So you may be able to take the top lift repeatedly and stay on the good snow. Sometimes you can even stay above the clouds. But keep in mind that just because freezing levels are at 1200m does not mean that it can't rain above that elevation. Also, if it's warm, radiation from the sun can cause it to melt. Freezing level reflects air temperature and is a good approximation for understanding what snow conditions will be like, but it doesn't tell you everything.

Also there's a snow icon that shows that it should snow.

EatMyTracers 03-08-2013 06:25 PM

Are you dumb? That website is FOR ski resorts and I selected Whistler Blackcomb for you and it's suppose to be snowing.

golfer1659 03-08-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unsunken (Post 817794)
disclaimer: My only formal education about weather was in 6th grade.
Freezing level means that at that elevation and higher, the air temperature will remain below freezing. So if the freezing level is around 1200m (which is forecasted for one of the days next week), elevations above 1200m will stay below freezing. Whistler village is at 675m and the top of the mountain is about 2200m. At Whistler, it takes about 3 lifts to get to the top of the mountain. So you may be able to take the top lift repeatedly and stay on the good snow. Sometimes you can even stay above the clouds.

Also there's a snow icon that shows that it should snow.



Thats my whole confusion, I cant tell by the interactive map where the elevation levels are. So I would know then 3/4's of the mountain is rain the tip is snow......

golfer1659 03-08-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EatMyTracers (Post 817802)
Are you dumb? That website is FOR ski resorts and I selected Whistler Blackcomb for you and it's suppose to be snowing.

Not technically, it could rain on half the mountain and snow at just the top.....


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2