To all the Bear Mountain/Snow Summit/Mt. High riders - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2008, 07:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
rjattack19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: So Cal
Posts: 626
Default

sick im gonna try and head up to mt.high in a week or two. i dont do the park so i wanna wait for the mountain to get more coverage. i cat wait tho!
rjattack19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-09-2008, 08:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
yellowstone
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

They've been making a ton of snow these past few days. The webcams show a beautifully covered mountain and the upcoming forecast looks cold and dry which will aid a very promising snow making week. At this rate, I think Bear Mountain and Snow Summit can open every run this weekend. I can't friggin' wait!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
rjattack19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: So Cal
Posts: 626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowstone View Post
They've been making a ton of snow these past few days. The webcams show a beautifully covered mountain and the upcoming forecast looks cold and dry which will aid a very promising snow making week. At this rate, I think Bear Mountain and Snow Summit can open every run this weekend. I can't friggin' wait!
yea i looked last night and was like "oh shit there having a blizzard!" but it was just super windy and the blowers were cranking out a ton of snow!
rjattack19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:16 PM   #14 (permalink)
kyouness
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

mt. high opened west top-to-bottom but i'm waiting for some quality snow and a good base when bear and summit open tomorrow. my friends went to high today and said they all got gouges on their bases from rocks all over the place, lol. i think i'll hit up the mile run that summit will have open a couple of times and then head to bear to play in the park a little.

some very good news though if it's true is that the low pressure system will be going full blast by next week and we're likely to see a moderate to large snow storm. it should bring in anywhere from 6 inches per day to 3 feet of accumulated pow to ride on. let's hope it's the latter, as that would mean every run will be open top-to-bottom at all three resorts by the end of next week.

Last edited by kyouness; 12-10-2008 at 10:19 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
rjattack19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: So Cal
Posts: 626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouness View Post
mt. high opened west top-to-bottom but i'm waiting for some quality snow and a good base when bear and summit open tomorrow. my friends went to high today and said they all got gouges on their bases from rocks all over the place, lol. i think i'll hit up the mile run that summit will have open a couple of times and then head to bear to play in the park a little.

some very good news though if it's true is that the low pressure system will be going full blast by next week and we're likely to see a moderate to large snow storm. it should bring in anywhere from 6 inches per day to 3 feet of accumulated pow to ride on. let's hope it's the latter, as that would mean every run will be open top-to-bottom at all three resorts by the end of next week.
i know it i have been checking the weather reports non-stop and things are looking pretty good
rjattack19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 214
Default

I'm patiently waiting over here too. I probably won't end up going to High or Summit until sometime in January though since I'm done with classes in less than a week.
SFshredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:26 PM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
rjattack19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: So Cal
Posts: 626
Default

we should be getting a pretty good storm this coming week. cross your fingers and pray to the snow gods!
rjattack19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 02:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Penguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjattack19 View Post
we should be getting a pretty good storm this coming week. cross your fingers and pray to the snow gods!
Do you want to go on Sunday?
Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 03:16 PM   #19 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
rjattack19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: So Cal
Posts: 626
Default

hmmm...possibly...i have off but its more of a matter of cash. ill let you know though.
rjattack19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 03:17 PM   #20 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
rjattack19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: So Cal
Posts: 626
Default

wait this sunday or next sunday?
rjattack19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums