Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Intermountain US (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/intermountain-us/)
-   -   One more spring 2012 pow day in the Colorado rockies, snow dance thread (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/intermountain-us/48251-one-more-spring-2012-pow-day.html)

Sick-Pow 04-12-2012 09:45 PM

One more spring 2012 pow day in the Colorado rockies, snow dance thread
 
Snow dance, do it, you awesome fuckers.

Argo 04-12-2012 10:33 PM

I came home early from work and it's coming down pretty hard. There is about a half ich that's actually stuck on the ground now. Hope it continues through the night. It was 45 degrees today so the ground was hot...

Frankyis4 04-12-2012 10:53 PM

We are getting some snow in California so I'm happy. I'm going to try to get some laps in this weekend. Now I'm just trying to find a board.

Sick-Pow 04-12-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 502183)
I came home early from work and it's coming down pretty hard. There is about a half ich that's actually stuck on the ground now. Hope it continues through the night. It was 45 degrees today so the ground was hot...

Within 5-20 min of my OP, the weather forecast changed to almost a week of snow graphics. I am predicting, albeit wildly, that the rest of moon cycle, until back to full, will be wet for the whole west.

holy awesome.

snowklinger 04-12-2012 11:59 PM

<--"monkey ewok snow dances"

CJR 04-13-2012 02:22 PM

man, I was just down in Vail & Breck from the 4th till the 8th, I wish we went a week later, Snow was still better than what we got up here this year.

turbospartan 04-13-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJR (Post 502284)
man, I was just down in Vail & Breck from the 4th till the 8th, I wish we went a week later, Snow was still better than what we got up here this year.

How was Breck? I think I'm heading there tomorrow.

Someone just sent me a picture of Vail at the Vista Bahn lift - grass everywhere and not even any connected snow spots to where you could even try to get down... You'd have to unstrap about 5x in a couple hundred feet.

CJR 04-13-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbospartan (Post 502288)
How was Breck? I think I'm heading there tomorrow.

Someone just sent me a picture of Vail at the Vista Bahn lift - grass everywhere and not even any connected snow spots to where you could even try to get down... You'd have to unstrap about 5x in a couple hundred feet.

The conditions at breck were much better than vail. It was a lot busier tho. Vail had tons of runs with grassy patches and a lot was closed. But regardless, the snow went to crap by noon on both mountains.

turbospartan 04-13-2012 02:42 PM

Just found this link from Angry Snowboarder, not sure if it was from today or not (thats what it seems to imply, but then again they did a VERY quick edit job to have this on the internet already):

Parks and Recreations Ep. 3 As The Cro Flies The Angry Snowboarder The Angry Snowboarder

EDIT: Found out that video is from last week, so still looking for some recon on what the conditions are like at Breck today/yesterday/etc.

linvillegorge 04-13-2012 06:28 PM

Better slow down guys. Forecasters are starting to backpedal and usually when that happens, they don't backpedal enough. Oh well, we should be used to it by now. I can't remember a single storm all season that wasn't a disappointment.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2