looking to connect w/UT-CO riders for 2012/13 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Moab Utah
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
looking to connect w/UT-CO riders for 2012/13

I live in Moab, UT.
Looking to connect with backcountry split-board riders for the 2012/13 season.
Wasatch, Uintah, La Sals, and the Western slope of the Colorado Rockies.

I'm not a seasoned rider (second season bc) but have a good amount of mountain climbing experience.

Lets connect..
sidneyfrost is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 12:08 AM
Land of the Potato
 
IdahoFreshies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Boise Idaho
Posts: 1,228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sir, I love your town and want to come back year after year after year

If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
do they even make chaps with asses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
I think they call them pants
IdahoFreshies is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Moab Utah
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i love it too.. been living here for 4 years now
sidneyfrost is offline  
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 11:19 AM
Veteran Member
 
snowvols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 1,402
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm planning on taking a trip to the La Sals. If you come up to the Wasatch let me know. I would be down to hook up and get some split action in.

The journey of me becoming an Ironman and earning the M-dot tattoo http://ironmaninthesnow.wordpress.com/
snowvols is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Moab Utah
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowvols View Post
I'm planning on taking a trip to the La Sals. If you come up to the Wasatch let me know. I would be down to hook up and get some split action in.
for sure lets connect.. when you planning on visiting the La Sals?
sidneyfrost is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 05:19 PM
Veteran Member
 
Karasene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Utah/NH
Posts: 812
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm going to join this thread only because I too want to get some back country in this season in the wasatch region. (snowvols) I'm in Ogden, UT and it'll still be a season before I acquire a split but anything accessible but other means I would really like to try and join.

To legit to quit.
On the move this season.
Karasene is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 06:20 PM
Veteran Member
 
snowvols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 1,402
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kara it will be tough unless you can get some snowshoes to borrow or such. I am planning on touring up in the Bountiful area as well. There looks like there is some sick terrain up there. Let me know if you want to get together sometime.

The journey of me becoming an Ironman and earning the M-dot tattoo http://ironmaninthesnow.wordpress.com/
snowvols is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 03:01 AM
Veteran Member
 
Karasene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Utah/NH
Posts: 812
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
yeah darn. I'll see what options I have. At Snowbasin we have some good back (slack) country lines so I'm starting with that this season. At the least maybe I could meet up and ride a day at Brighton, not that that's back country

To legit to quit.
On the move this season.
Karasene is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 09:54 AM
Veteran Member
 
killclimbz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Front Range
Posts: 11,095
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Snowbasin has really good slackcountry. It's also very dangerous. The Hells area had a huge slide in it 3-4 years back. Debris pile around 30ft deep. Went right over where everyone rides. Eye opening for sure. The stuff off of Ogden peak is nice too, same dangers though. Pick and choose around there is the moral of the story. I think there is safer and better beginner bc around the Eden valley. Though you'll have to hike for it. There are several spots around Ben Lomond where I would consider the overall danger to be low-moderate with moderate consequence on average. Where as the Snobasin lines are pretty much high danger and high consequence. The Ben Lomond stuff is also reasonable to access with snowshoes. So get yourself a pair. Check around at pawn shops, second hand shops, and such for those. I found a decent pair for the wife for $30 at a local pawn shop around here.

Not saying that the backcountry around Ben Lomond (What is it called North Park?) is completely safe. The stuff on the peak itself can be really sketch, but there is a lot of terrain there to learn on and that limits your exposure to danger. A good thing when you're getting started.
killclimbz is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 11:11 AM
Veteran Member
 
snowvols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 1,402
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karasene View Post
yeah darn. I'll see what options I have. At Snowbasin we have some good back (slack) country lines so I'm starting with that this season. At the least maybe I could meet up and ride a day at Brighton, not that that's back country
There are tons of places you can get access to with snowshoes in BCC and LCC. I do not know the lines around Ogden as well. I do want to explore up there at some point this winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
Snowbasin has really good slackcountry. It's also very dangerous. The Hells area had a huge slide in it 3-4 years back. Debris pile around 30ft deep. Went right over where everyone rides. Eye opening for sure. The stuff off of Ogden peak is nice too, same dangers though. Pick and choose around there is the moral of the story. I think there is safer and better beginner bc around the Eden valley. Though you'll have to hike for it. There are several spots around Ben Lomond where I would consider the overall danger to be low-moderate with moderate consequence on average. Where as the Snobasin lines are pretty much high danger and high consequence. The Ben Lomond stuff is also reasonable to access with snowshoes. So get yourself a pair. Check around at pawn shops, second hand shops, and such for those. I found a decent pair for the wife for $30 at a local pawn shop around here.

Not saying that the backcountry around Ben Lomond (What is it called North Park?) is completely safe. The stuff on the peak itself can be really sketch, but there is a lot of terrain there to learn on and that limits your exposure to danger. A good thing when you're getting started.
Hopefully we will finally get together this season. Have you been in American Fork Canyon? I know there are tons of super sick lines down there without the traffic you would see in BCC or LCC

The journey of me becoming an Ironman and earning the M-dot tattoo http://ironmaninthesnow.wordpress.com/
snowvols is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome