Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Intermountain US (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/intermountain-us/)
-   -   What not to miss in Utah (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/intermountain-us/53666-what-not-miss-utah.html)

SGoldwin 01-11-2013 07:13 AM

What not to miss in Utah
 
Me, an experienced snowboarder, and my 4 skifriends will arrive at Salt Lake City 1st of Feb for 8 days of powder experience.

We have rented a house close to SnowBird and with Solitude within 20-30 min and PowderMountain a little bit further away. We have rented a 4W-drive to transport us around the area.

Since powder rearly appear back home in south of Sweden we are looking forward tons of snow to shred through:)

Please suggest areas/runs not to miss.
How about lift tickets. Should we go for a big one that covers several resorts for the whole staying or get tickets for each day/resort?

12ozPastor 01-13-2013 12:46 PM

Pennsylvania Snowboarder
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SGoldwin (Post 567450)
Me, an experienced snowboarder, and my 4 skifriends will arrive at Salt Lake City 1st of Feb for 8 days of powder experience.

We have rented a house close to SnowBird and with Solitude within 20-30 min and PowderMountain a little bit further away. We have rented a 4W-drive to transport us around the area.

Since powder rearly appear back home in south of Sweden we are looking forward tons of snow to shred through:)

Please suggest areas/runs not to miss.
How about lift tickets. Should we go for a big one that covers several resorts for the whole staying or get tickets for each day/resort?


I'll be in Utah Jan. 29 till Feb. 4. Liftopia has some deals. They are selling out quickly. Utah lift tickets - Find Utah ski deals

SGoldwin 01-13-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12ozPastor (Post 575265)
I'll be in Utah Jan. 29 till Feb. 4. Liftopia has some deals. They are selling out quickly. Utah lift tickets - Find Utah ski deals

You guys have any room in the house? I'm looking for a place to stay. Obviously pay my fair share. I can be your american guide. I'm visiting a friend and dont want to be a burden for all 7 days. Im a clean chill professional.

Thanks for the input on lift tickets. Some nice deals there.

Unfortunately we don't have room for you. Hope you can find something.

12ozPastor 01-13-2013 04:49 PM

lol
 
Thanks, ok! Feel free to still use the site. :thumbsdown:

pdxrealtor 01-15-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12ozPastor (Post 576193)
Thanks, ok! Feel free to still use the site. :thumbsdown:

Totally.... What a dick. Lol

WasatchMan 01-17-2013 05:21 PM

Utah Avalanche Center is good for discount lift tickets, also goes to a great cause - Utah Avalanche Center | Backcountry.com

Or you can pick them up in person at CanyonSports as well, which is a little ski shop in downtown SLC.


Check - Wasatch Snow Forecast for detailed weather updates.

We've had a great December here in Utah, tons of snow, January has been kind of dry though. Looks like snow might pick back up towards the end of January into February. February and March are usually our best months for snowfall.

Pretty much anywhere you go at Snowbird is killer on a pow day. Snowbird can tend to get very crowded though, so snow will get tracked out fairly quick. Make sure to hit snowbird EARLY and on a weekday if possible.

Solitude is usually empty, if Honeycomb Canyon is open, hit that for sure - some of the best terrain in-bounds in the Cottonwoods. You can find fresh powder weeks after a storm as Solitude as well. I pretty much only use two chair lifts at Solitude. Their SUMMIT chair and POWDERHORN II chair.

Let me know if you have any questions or anything else :)

arrrmaty 01-17-2013 05:32 PM

Utah powder is amazing, and I second going to solitude on a good snow day, cause no one is ever there, it's awesome! Everyone and their mom goes to snowbird on a big snow day, so unless you get their in the first hour you'll be surprised at how much is already tracked out. Don't forget the southerly storms though, sometimes they'll roll in and basically just hover over Sundance and park city. I use to teach snowboarding at Sundance and it's not to be overlooked on a powder day with a southerly storm

SGoldwin 01-22-2013 01:31 PM

Snowbird is a bit closer but Solitude will be our primary goal. Then it dependson weather och snow.

Reading latest weather/snow report makes me a bit troubled - it looks like January has been a dry month. What are the conditions in Snowbird and Solitude right now?

12ozPastor 01-22-2013 02:02 PM

He already gave a detailed weather outlook.
 
READ ABOVE, SWEDE. :giggle:

TMXMOTORSPORTS 01-22-2013 02:28 PM

you mad:dunno::icon_scratch::huh::blink::dizzy::giggle :


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2