Denver: Early Season Trip-Wkd Nov 9th-11th - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 10:02 AM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
BruceWard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
Long-term weather outlooks are always sketchy, but they're predicting a big early season for the San Juans. Just sayin'. Wolf Creek could be good.
Thanks for the tip - I just made a rationale for visiting Amarillo, TX for work which may place me in range to Wolf. Ideas, ideas, ideas! Thanks!
__________________
K2 09 Darkstar 160W Burton Custom||K2 10 Slayblade 166W Ride RX||Libtech-10 Skunk Ape 169W Ride SPi
BruceWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-25-2012, 07:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hartford, CT
Posts: 324
Blog Entries: 3
Default

So you booked the trip and are looking for people to join in? I am thinking december, but i'll re read your novel and see how it seems
bassholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
BruceWard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassholic View Post
So you booked the trip and are looking for people to join in? I am thinking december, but i'll re read your novel and see how it seems
Yeah, looking for joiners - in two sentences or less! Clearly speculatin' at this point...
__________________
K2 09 Darkstar 160W Burton Custom||K2 10 Slayblade 166W Ride RX||Libtech-10 Skunk Ape 169W Ride SPi
BruceWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
abqmike37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 49
Default

If you decide on Wolf or Durango, let me know...down to meet some new people. Both locations are about 4 to 4 1/2hrs away from me. I don't drink so I can drive pretty much any where. Wolf has awesome condition and get dump on regularly (rode on day 2 of one the earliest opening day), kinda boring after sun goes down...Durango is a full resort experience, fun night life.

Last edited by abqmike37; 09-10-2012 at 08:39 PM.
abqmike37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
BruceWard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 101
Default Got it on Wolf/Durango

Quote:
Originally Posted by abqmike37 View Post
If you decide on Wolf or Durango, let me know...down to meet some new people. Both locations are about 4 to 4 1/2hrs away from me. I don't drink so I can drive pretty much any where. Wolf has awesome condition and get dump on regularly (rode on day 2 of one the earliest opening day), kinda boring after sun goes down...Durango is a full resort experience, fun night life.
Hey, yeah I have a new interest in the area but doubt I'll book the miles from Denver down there but honestly if there was something going on there and not CO, I'd switch. Fingers crossed but I think I saw A-basin's summit night temps at 27degree which is giving some minimal comfort at this point.

Breck opens the day I arrive on 11/9...which could be good to release some outflow away from A-Basin??? Dunno
__________________
K2 09 Darkstar 160W Burton Custom||K2 10 Slayblade 166W Ride RX||Libtech-10 Skunk Ape 169W Ride SPi
BruceWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
sponger606's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 125
Default

im definitely up for meeting up. I like to ride A-basin more than most.as said before on here it should be quieter especially since brek opens that day. i live between denver and boulder. early travel is a must, i hate the I70 crawl at 8-9am, id rather get their early and wait for first chair.
sponger606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:58 AM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
abqmike37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWard View Post
Hey, yeah I have a new interest in the area but doubt I'll book the miles from Denver down there but honestly if there was something going on there and not CO, I'd switch. Fingers crossed but I think I saw A-basin's summit night temps at 27degree which is giving some minimal comfort at this point.

Breck opens the day I arrive on 11/9...which could be good to release some outflow away from A-Basin??? Dunno
I just saw some posting on Facebook that couple of places got some dusting. So, I'm open to travel...got some paid vacation time that needs to burn off or I won't accumulate anymore time next year.
abqmike37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:25 AM   #18 (permalink)
Banned!
 
snowklinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: L-Town
Posts: 5,020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWard View Post
Breck opens the day I arrive on 11/9...which could be good to release some outflow away from A-Basin??? Dunno
Actually yes, absolutely.

A-Basin is only crowded before/after the other resorts open/close, and on the major holiday/tourist/weekends. Especially that first weekend Breck opens - A-Basin will be empty.

If its epic and dumping Loveland pass will be closed and you'll have to drive around on i70 through the tunnel (no big deal).
__________________
Support Local Business
"Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!" - Ash
snowklinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:42 AM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
If its epic and dumping Loveland pass will be closed and you'll have to drive around on i70 through the tunnel (no big deal).
There was a powder day last year (I know right ?) where Loveland pass was closed. I decided to make the trip around using I-70, and Holy Shit ! There was maybe 50 cars total around 10:30 Felt like a had the place mostly to myself. Granted it was a weekday also
budderbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:43 AM   #20 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
killclimbz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Front Range
Posts: 10,843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponger606 View Post
im definitely up for meeting up. I like to ride A-basin more than most.as said before on here it should be quieter especially since brek opens that day. i live between denver and boulder. early travel is a must, i hate the I70 crawl at 8-9am, id rather get their early and wait for first chair.
I seriously doubt you are going to have the I70 crawl on November 9th. That is the last thing I worry about that time of year. Now a month later with frequent storms and maybe. Generally speaking though the I70 shit show doesn't really start up until just before or right at the holidays. Then it's shit show city until April.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
best early resorts, denver, early ski

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums