Denver: Early Season Trip-Wkd Nov 9th-11th - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2012, 10:06 AM   #21 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
--bigtime--'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 375
Default

Bruce, let's talk my friend.
Shoot me a PM with best contact info.
I've got a couple questions for ya and keeping tabs on forum threads is always tough for me.
Thx.
--bigtime-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-17-2012, 08:58 AM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
BruceWard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 101
Default Checking In

Quote:
Originally Posted by --bigtime-- View Post
Bruce, let's talk my friend.
Shoot me a PM with best contact info.
I've got a couple questions for ya and keeping tabs on forum threads is always tough for me.
Thx.
Big Time, indeed, I'll send over my contacts. Still planning on the trip and checked A-Basin's webcam to see this:

Arapahoe Basin Ski Area | Web Cams

Last time I checked there was nothing so not sure if this is really new or they're just recycling old pix, which I doubt.

So things are looking up!
__________________
K2 09 Darkstar 160W Burton Custom||K2 10 Slayblade 166W Ride RX||Libtech-10 Skunk Ape 169W Ride SPi
BruceWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
sponger606's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWard View Post
Big Time, indeed, I'll send over my contacts. Still planning on the trip and checked A-Basin's webcam to see this:

Arapahoe Basin Ski Area | Web Cams

Last time I checked there was nothing so not sure if this is really new or they're just recycling old pix, which I doubt.

So things are looking up!
that is fresh from today (17th sept)
check out http://www.facebook.com/ArapahoeBasinSkiArea

Last edited by sponger606; 09-17-2012 at 09:38 AM.
sponger606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:33 AM   #24 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
killclimbz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Front Range
Posts: 10,846
Default

It's nice to see the snow. The temps are cooling off. This snow will all be melted (good thing). Hopefully, the storms don't start for real until November. That would be rather ideal.
killclimbz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:36 PM   #25 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vail, CO
Posts: 3,826
Default

I went over to frisco this morning and it was coming down pretty good on vail pass. Probably 2-3". It was melting fast though. Air temp was only 31..... By now it's well above freezing
Argo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:03 PM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
BruceWard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 101
Default CO Snow

From the ice coast, it is all so cool to see. Breck posted a first snow video on their site as well.
__________________
K2 09 Darkstar 160W Burton Custom||K2 10 Slayblade 166W Ride RX||Libtech-10 Skunk Ape 169W Ride SPi
BruceWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:16 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 86
Default

It's only my second year here, when does A-basin normally open up?

I have the opening dates for the others written down on a notebook. This is my first year buying a pass and I can't wait to use the shit out of it.

Last year I hit Keystone and Breck 3-4 times each and Vail 1-2 times. This year, I want to spread the love

Is there anywhere to get a mid day report on how crowded each resort is? In case I want to shuffle to a different spot
biocmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:07 PM   #28 (permalink)
Banned!
 
snowklinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: L-Town
Posts: 5,028
Default

Heres your Midday report

Keystone and Breck: crowded

Abasin and Loveland: not crowded

Copper and WP: in between if you know where to go even on crowded days tons of these mountains are empty, sorta true for anywhere but...

Last year Loveland and Abasin opened mid-Oct, but it was early and shitty for the rest of the year. This year it really isn't cooling off yet in the forecast, so maybe late Oct, by early Nov should be rolling.
__________________
Support Local Business
"Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!" - Ash
snowklinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:41 AM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biocmp View Post
It's only my second year here, when does A-basin normally open up?

I have the opening dates for the others written down on a notebook. This is my first year buying a pass and I can't wait to use the shit out of it.

Last year I hit Keystone and Breck 3-4 times each and Vail 1-2 times. This year, I want to spread the love

Is there anywhere to get a mid day report on how crowded each resort is? In case I want to shuffle to a different spot
A Basin opened mid October last year. It all depends on how much snow they get. You can check webcams for each resort to tell how crowded it is.
ColoRADical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:49 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 86
Default

Thanks guys, I haven't been to loveland or Abasin yet.
biocmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
best early resorts, denver, early ski

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums