The Official Michigan Winter Thread - Page 308 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #3071 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
trapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: West of Lansing
Posts: 1,368
Default

Oh who the fuck am I kidding. I'm too impatient to wait that long anyways.
trapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #3072 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 392
Default

Yeah, buy it now and then if you don't like it you can sell it after the season and buy another one in the fall. Glad I could help.
Karpediem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:47 AM   #3073 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
trapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: West of Lansing
Posts: 1,368
Default

Well, I took the plunge and bought the 2013 Heritage X 166 for full price. At least I got free 2 day shipping on it. Fuck it, I want to start riding it now.
trapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:56 AM   #3074 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
sabatoa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 1,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper View Post
Well, I took the plunge and bought the 2013 Heritage X 166 for full price. At least I got free 2 day shipping on it. Fuck it, I want to start riding it now.
Niiice.

You'll have it in time for the weekend.

Who did you buy it through?
__________________
'12 NS Legacy 163
Days on snow 2013/2014 season:
  • Boyne Highlands: 14
  • Boyne Mountain: 1
  • Mt Holly: 1
  • Mt. Brighton: 1
  • Caberfae Peaks: 1
  • Crystal Mountain: 2
  • Bittersweet: 1
sabatoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:59 AM   #3075 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
trapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: West of Lansing
Posts: 1,368
Default

Went through dogfunk since they have always treated me well with returns and what not. Plus, the free two-day shipping.

I'll have it for Crystal this weekend, pretty fucking stoked about it. Hopefully my Missions will ride ok on it.
trapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:07 AM   #3076 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
sabatoa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 1,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper View Post
Went through dogfunk since they have always treated me well with returns and what not. Plus, the free two-day shipping.

I'll have it for Crystal this weekend, pretty fucking stoked about it. Hopefully my Missions will ride ok on it.
Other people would know more but my take on the Missions were that they were an all-purpose kinda binding. Not park specific nor free ride specific.
__________________
'12 NS Legacy 163
Days on snow 2013/2014 season:
  • Boyne Highlands: 14
  • Boyne Mountain: 1
  • Mt Holly: 1
  • Mt. Brighton: 1
  • Caberfae Peaks: 1
  • Crystal Mountain: 2
  • Bittersweet: 1
sabatoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:09 AM   #3077 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Default

NOOOOOO!!! Discounts are right around the corner bud... end of February is when companies usually roll them out.

Oh well, it's Dogfunk. Aren't they the ones that do that lifetime return policy? Or is that backcountry?

As for that Big Sky video... my in-laws said they are going there next year with or without us. I keep telling them that everything I've heard about that place tells me it's not much fun for casual skiers.

Oh well. I don't mind hitching a ride there. That run in the video looks fantastically fun. Wide open. I was already doing a lot of fun stuff on that run in my head.

The guy gasping for air scares me though... better work my cardio hardcore this summer!
__________________
www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:11 AM   #3078 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Default

Missions are pretty middle of the road flex. You'll be fine with them. You'll probably want stiffer bindings down the road though.

Actually, you're a big guy so I'm assuming you find the Missions to be soft. Whatever, you're stuck with them for now so you'll know for sure after you ride them.
__________________
www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #3079 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
sabatoa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 1,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
NOOOOOO!!! Discounts are right around the corner bud... end of February is when companies usually roll them out.

Oh well, it's Dogfunk. Aren't they the ones that do that lifetime return policy? Or is that backcountry?

As for that Big Sky video... my in-laws said they are going there next year with or without us. I keep telling them that everything I've heard about that place tells me it's not much fun for casual skiers.

Oh well. I don't mind hitching a ride there. That run in the video looks fantastically fun. Wide open. I was already doing a lot of fun stuff on that run in my head.

The guy gasping for air scares me though... better work my cardio hardcore this summer!
I don't think he was going to save much on the board he chose. Other boards maybe but that board isn't going for less than $450 and that price probably won't hit until they get next season in stock.
__________________
'12 NS Legacy 163
Days on snow 2013/2014 season:
  • Boyne Highlands: 14
  • Boyne Mountain: 1
  • Mt Holly: 1
  • Mt. Brighton: 1
  • Caberfae Peaks: 1
  • Crystal Mountain: 2
  • Bittersweet: 1
sabatoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:17 AM   #3080 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Default

Discounts roll out well before any new inventory gets stocked. Next year's gear doesn't start shipping out to retailers until after August (some brands end of August).

Discounts are mapped by the manufacturer, not the retailer. For most brands, the first series of discounts is around 20% off. By next season's gear arrival, discounts max out at 40-50% off for the most part. Then close-out prices year after that.
__________________
www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums