The Official Michigan Winter Thread - Page 352 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 07:21 AM   #3511 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 392
Default

Anyone ever been to Crystal on that weekend? Is it a sh!t show?
Karpediem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-08-2013, 07:29 AM   #3512 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
trapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: West of Lansing
Posts: 1,368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpediem View Post
Anyone ever been to Crystal on that weekend? Is it a sh!t show?
Yes and yes, depending on the time of season. Mid-March weekends are hit and miss. But even when it's busy it's fun there because there are a lot of different lifts and runs to spread out on.
trapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:09 AM   #3513 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Default The Official Michigan Winter Thread

You can always play in north face(?). The back lift. That one is usually tolerable even if crystal is packed that day.

Dave and his fam, Sam and his fam, me and my fam will all be there that weekend.

Sam is out of commission still. The wives and husbands are going to do rotations on kid duty. So husbands take laps and then wives take laps.

Never tried this before. Interested in how it's going to play out lol.


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
__________________
www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:00 AM   #3514 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
trapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: West of Lansing
Posts: 1,368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
You can always play in north face(?). The back lift. That one is usually tolerable even if crystal is packed that day.

Dave and his fam, Sam and his fam, me and my fam will all be there that weekend.

Sam is out of commission still. The wives and husbands are going to do rotations on kid duty. So husbands take laps and then wives take laps.

Never tried this before. Interested in how it's going to play out lol.


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
They have a pretty top notch daycare there. Also, what my wife and I have done is put our daughter in ski school while we go off on our own. For the boys though, they stay at grandma's who lives about 40 minutes from there .
trapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:05 AM   #3515 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Default The Official Michigan Winter Thread

My son in day care won't work. He has separation anxiety (2yo).


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
__________________
www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:09 AM   #3516 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
trapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: West of Lansing
Posts: 1,368
Default

That sucks. Just throwing it out there. My 2 year olds don't ever have that issue but they are used to always having each other I suppose.

The wife and I have taken turns doing laps at times when our daughter was with us and she wasn't in a ski class. It works fine.
trapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:20 AM   #3517 (permalink)
Not quite reformed yet
 
chomps1211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: S.E. Mich.
Posts: 2,960
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
My son in day care won't work. He has separation anxiety (2yo).


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
My nephew used to have that bigtime when he was same age! He would scream like somebody was being killed, at the top of his lungs whenever my sis dropped him off. Once she was out of sight, it wasnt 2 min. And he's laughing n playing with the other kids. Funniest part was picking him back up. He'd b playing and oblivious. But as SOON as he spotted her,.. OMG!!! The screaming would begin again until she actually had him in her arms!

My point being, all those hysterics are usually harder for the parents than the kids. Most of the time I think the parents freak at the level of the kids extreme reaction and wind up never leaving the child to let them eventually calm down Maybe give it a try and see how it goes. Now if it continues for 10-15-20 min. Without stopping, then yeah, probably not gonna happen.
Jm2cents!
__________________
You're only Young Once,.. but you can be Immature FOREVER!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!

Last edited by chomps1211; 03-08-2013 at 11:22 AM.
chomps1211 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #3518 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
sabatoa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 1,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
My nephew used to have that bigtime when he was same age! He would scream like somebody was being killed, at the top of his lungs whenever my sis dropped him off. Once she was out of sight, it wasnt 2 min. And he's laughing n playing with the other kids. Funniest part was picking him back up. He'd b playing and oblivious. But as SOON as he spotted her,.. OMG!!! The screaming would begin again until she actually had him in her arms!

My point being, all those hysterics are usually harder for the parents than the kids. Most of the time I think the parents freak at the level of the kids extreme reaction and wind up never leaving the child to let them eventually calm down Maybe give it a try and see how it goes. Now if it continues for 10-15-20 min. Without stopping, then yeah, probably not gonna happen.
Jm2cents!
Chomps is spot on. Bella tried that with daycare for a bit out of the blue and always was done crying before I got to the car.
__________________
'12 NS Legacy 163
Days on snow 2013/2014 season:
  • Boyne Highlands: 14
  • Boyne Mountain: 1
  • Mt Holly: 1
  • Mt. Brighton: 1
  • Caberfae Peaks: 1
  • Crystal Mountain: 2
  • Bittersweet: 1
sabatoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #3519 (permalink)
Member
 
kungfulu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Detroit, Mi
Posts: 74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
My nephew used to have that bigtime when he was same age! He would scream like somebody was being killed, at the top of his lungs whenever my sis dropped him off. Once she was out of sight, it wasnt 2 min. And he's laughing n playing with the other kids. Funniest part was picking him back up. He'd b playing and oblivious. But as SOON as he spotted her,.. OMG!!! The screaming would begin again until she actually had him in her arms!

My point being, all those hysterics are usually harder for the parents than the kids. Most of the time I think the parents freak at the level of the kids extreme reaction and wind up never leaving the child to let them eventually calm down Maybe give it a try and see how it goes. Now if it continues for 10-15-20 min. Without stopping, then yeah, probably not gonna happen.
Jm2cents!
I second this. My 2 1/2 year old is the same way. Drop her off, tears in the eyes, 2 minutes later......dad who?
kungfulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:53 AM   #3520 (permalink)
Not quite reformed yet
 
chomps1211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: S.E. Mich.
Posts: 2,960
Default

BTW,.. headed out to Holly tonight if anyone else is gonna be there! (Hope it's not crowded or sucky snow!)
Next week, gonna try & get to Highlands!
__________________
You're only Young Once,.. but you can be Immature FOREVER!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
chomps1211 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums