The Official Michigan Winter Thread - Page 393 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2013, 04:33 PM   #3921 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-ice View Post
Alright, thanks guys. I would like to match the base of my evo or my gloves http://i.pgcdn.com/pi/91/05/20/910520284_640.jpg
Has anyone ever had sessions achilles pants? I love the color of them, but they have mixed reviews on dogfunk. I like my burton cargo pants I have now, but they don't have those in bright green.
I have sessions achilles pants in brown...they are actually like 4 years old. They have been great for me and only last year started taking on water. I washed them in Nikwax and they are pretty much good as new. I would recommend them.
Karpediem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-07-2013, 04:33 PM   #3922 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hot-ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
Remind me,... Is it, "Real Men" don't wear Chartreuse?
Or is it real men are "Confidant" enough to wear Chartreuse?


(....personally, I think it's real men don't know WTF Chartreuse IS!!!!)
Lol!
No chomps, "real men" don't spell "Confident" wrong.
hot-ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #3923 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hot-ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpediem View Post
I have sessions achilles pants in brown...they are actually like 4 years old. They have been great for me and only last year started taking on water. I washed them in Nikwax and they are pretty much good as new. I would recommend them.
No issues with seams ripping?
hot-ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #3924 (permalink)
Official SBF Blogger
 
david_z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Detroit suburbs
Posts: 3,446
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Maybe these? 686 pretty consistently has the widest selection of colors. They cost a bit more unless you can find some on closeout from last year, but they're solid, solid pants. There's a reason everyone who owns a pair recommends them.

Bonus: they come with a fully removable pair of fleece/sweatpants liner.

Smarty Original Cargo Pant | 686 Pants
david_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:18 PM   #3925 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hot-ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_z View Post
Maybe these? 686 pretty consistently has the widest selection of colors. They cost a bit more unless you can find some on closeout from last year, but they're solid, solid pants. There's a reason everyone who owns a pair recommends them.

Bonus: they come with a fully removable pair of fleece/sweatpants liner.

Smarty Original Cargo Pant | 686 Pants
Thanks a lot for the help david. I'll see if I can find a pair on closeout somewhere. I'm not to familiar with 686, but it seems that they do have great reviews like you said. Thats cool that they have the liner with them to.
hot-ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:29 PM   #3926 (permalink)
Official SBF Blogger
 
david_z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Detroit suburbs
Posts: 3,446
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-ice View Post
Thanks a lot for the help david. I'll see if I can find a pair on closeout somewhere. I'm not to familiar with 686, but it seems that they do have great reviews like you said. Thats cool that they have the liner with them to.
I bought a pair of these last year, I think I got them about mid-season on a discount maybe 20% off so they were like, $160. Well worth it. Mine are a muted/textured green which IIRC they referred to as "grass".

They fit on the larger/baggier side, so keep that in mind if you end up ordering them.
david_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:51 PM   #3927 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hot-ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_z View Post
I bought a pair of these last year, I think I got them about mid-season on a discount maybe 20% off so they were like, $160. Well worth it. Mine are a muted/textured green which IIRC they referred to as "grass".

They fit on the larger/baggier side, so keep that in mind if you end up ordering them.
Ok, I can get them on backcountry.com right now for $160 because they have a 20% off coupon code going. I might go ahead and order them now. Okay thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
hot-ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:51 AM   #3928 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-ice View Post
No issues with seams ripping?
Nope, some fraying at the bottom where they drag a bit when walking. They are nice relaxed fit.
Karpediem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:54 AM   #3929 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-ice View Post
Ok, I can get them on backcountry.com right now for $160 because they have a 20% off coupon code going. I might go ahead and order them now. Okay thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
I have no clue the size or color you are looking for, but these two being sold by backcountry on geartrade.com are pretty cheap. They still have the tags on them, so it's likely they were tried on and returned.

686 Smart Original Chocolate XL $58

686 Smart Original Green (Grass) M $98

Last edited by Karpediem; 10-08-2013 at 06:56 AM.
Karpediem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:55 PM   #3930 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hot-ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 156
Default

Thanks for the help Karpediem. I like the design and build quility of the 686 pants better, but I do kinda like the lime color from sessions. I need to check the chart for 686 again, but I know I'll need either small or medium. I'm looking for a little brighter green then that medium pair you linked. Thanks anyhow though. Thats a great deal!
hot-ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums