The Official Michigan Winter Thread - Page 395 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2013, 06:03 PM   #3941 (permalink)
Not quite reformed yet
 
chomps1211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: S.E. Mich.
Posts: 3,313
Default

Awesome!!! Thanks dude! Sum really sweet shit there!
__________________
You're only Young Once,.. but you can be Immature FOREVER!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15
chomps1211 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-09-2013, 06:04 PM   #3942 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South East Michigan
Posts: 108
Default

Dear God those pics are all sex on a board. btw ppl im gunna try Insanity and see if it helps with my progression with snowboarding im scared and happy at the same time... Any tips for this highly intense stuff im getting my self into?
ankkassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #3943 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hot-ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_z View Post
686 Clothing Sizing Chart | evo

Looks like the M is for up to 32" waist, 31" inseam.

The "Grass" is the color I have. It's definitley not as flashy as that Acid/Chartreuse/Neon Green, that's for sure. But it's a neat textured material, which is kinda cool. Also, under $100 on those is a killer deal.
According to that chart size small is what you described. It looks like I'm going to need a small. That does look neat, but I'm looking for something brighter. I already have a pair of burton cargos that are dark green with small black squares on it so I want a brighter color.
hot-ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:28 PM   #3944 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hot-ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 156
Default

I went ahead and ordered these in size small green686 Smarty Original Cargo 3-In-1 Pant - Men's | Backcountry.com

I got my jacket the other day and I am impressed. It is noticeably lighter then my burton poacher jacket (although its a size bigger). It fits me a lot nicer than my poacher jacket does, it was just to big. If anyone's interested in buying a jacket I will probably list it on here soon. It's a burton poacher jacket size M khaki color if anyone's interested. I have a pair of boots and maybe some other stuff to put up to.
hot-ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:12 PM   #3945 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South East Michigan
Posts: 108
Default

Post a pic of ur new coat and pants please im interested in actual colors of it.
ankkassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:57 PM   #3946 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hot-ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankkassa View Post
Post a pic of ur new coat and pants please im interested in actual colors of it.
Alright, I'll do that. You mean the lime green ones I just ordered right? Forgot to meantion, backcountry has free 2 day shipping right now to, so that was cool to pair that with 20% off the pants.
hot-ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:45 PM   #3947 (permalink)
Official SBF Blogger
 
david_z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Detroit suburbs
Posts: 3,398
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankkassa View Post
Dear God those pics are all sex on a board. btw ppl im gunna try Insanity and see if it helps with my progression with snowboarding im scared and happy at the same time... Any tips for this highly intense stuff im getting my self into?
Unless you're already in super good shape I think I would steer clear of Insanity, even P90X in favor of something a little less "intense". The thing about HIIT and other workouts like those is they put a tremendous amount of stress on your joints and soft tissue if you haven't worked your way up to that level of intensity, you're putting yourself at greater risk of injury.

They've got some lower intensity stuff, and cardio-focused workouts that won't stress you as hard and would be a good warm-up for the pre-season, they'd still get you in better shape, etc.
david_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:27 PM   #3948 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South East Michigan
Posts: 108
Default

Well i did the test thing today surprisingly i managed to keep up and i havent worked out in 4 months due to extremly bad staff infection.I hung in im pretty happy thanks for the tip tho. Anyone check the weather, temps going down cant wait!
ankkassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:36 PM   #3949 (permalink)
Official SBF Blogger
 
david_z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Detroit suburbs
Posts: 3,398
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankkassa View Post
Well i did the test thing today surprisingly i managed to keep up and i havent worked out in 4 months due to extremly bad staff infection.I hung in im pretty happy thanks for the tip tho. Anyone check the weather, temps going down cant wait!
Right on. Just be careful. My problem when it comes to things like this (and your mileage may vary) is that I am a recovering jock; high school football & track, rec league b-ball, collegiate rugby, so even though I'm horribly out of shape compared to when I was 21 and could bench press like 330 pounds (god I sound like a jock just saying that!!!), there is still a lot of latent strength underneath my beer-chiseled abs. It is super easy for me to "overdo" it when the adrenaline kicks in. I haven't been to a gym in over 18 months but I bet I could still put up 225 a few times on the bench. I'd be sore for a fuckin' week afterwards, but I still *can*, and that's what gets me in trouble when I try any of that high-intensity stuff. I don't know when to quit, or I do know when I just refuse to.
__________________

Repping the world's smallest mountains... 2013-2014 snow days: 48

Mt. Brighton - 13
Hawk Island - 6
Mt. Holly - 5
Mt. Bohemia - 3
Mt. Tolle - 3
Boyne Mountain - 2
Pine Knob - 2
Crystal Mountain - 2
Treetops - 2
Alpine Valley - 2
Caberfae Peaks - 2
Cannonsburg - 1
Urban - 1
Slackcountry - 1
Nub's Nob - 1
Sugar Mountain, NC - 1
Beech Mountain, NC - 1
david_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:52 PM   #3950 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
sabatoa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 1,949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_z View Post
Right on. Just be careful. My problem when it comes to things like this (and your mileage may vary) is that I am a recovering jock; high school football & track, rec league b-ball, collegiate rugby, so even though I'm horribly out of shape compared to when I was 21 and could bench press like 330 pounds (god I sound like a jock just saying that!!!), there is still a lot of latent strength underneath my beer-chiseled abs. It is super easy for me to "overdo" it when the adrenaline kicks in. I haven't been to a gym in over 18 months but I bet I could still put up 225 a few times on the bench. I'd be sore for a fuckin' week afterwards, but I still *can*, and that's what gets me in trouble when I try any of that high-intensity stuff. I don't know when to quit, or I do know when I just refuse to.
haha

yyyyup!
__________________
'12 NS Legacy 163
Days on snow 2013/2014 season:
  • Boyne Highlands: 14
  • Boyne Mountain: 1
  • Mt Holly: 1
  • Mt. Brighton: 1
  • Caberfae Peaks: 1
  • Crystal Mountain: 2
  • Bittersweet: 1
sabatoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums