....couldn't resist last night. By 6 the pain had backed off enough in my shoulders and wrist that I decided to head back for another two hours or so of riding. Glad I did too. Been pissing rain on & off since about 9-10 last night. L shoulder arthritis flare up was definitely the worst of the pain & injuries from yestreday. It's still a little painful this morning, but nowhere near as bad. Another small steroid dose should do it for today!
Unfortunately Now? The freezing rain advisory has been moved from ending @ 7am to 11!
It's warm though so not freezing on exposed or raised surfaces. Don't have to chip my way into my car this morning, or worry about downed trees, but the slopes must be the consistency of a slurpee this morning.
I Don't think I'm gonna worry about getting first chair this morning. It's supposed to switch over to wet snow sometime today, so it shouldn't be a complete wash out for the day. Hope it hits soon!
I did notice on the radar that the Keweenaw looks like it got ALL
snow from this! I'm beginning to think I might want to take my Feb. vacation time and maybe try to head up to BoHO!
Since a lot of you guys have expressed a "bucket List" desire to get to Mt. Bohemia, do you think there's any chance of putting together a meet or road trip to head up there? I can move my vacation time around a bit in Feb if that is something you think might be possible.
One reason I bring this up, after watching that vid posted in the BoHo info thread? It occurred to me, might not be smart for me to ride BoHo's trees alone in hip deep or deeper POW. If I biffed bad? who knows if anyone would come along to find me. At least in a group, someone might notice I'm missing. Maybe
Might not care
that I was MIA, but you might at least notice.
Anyway, Just a thought. Could save some on cost, driving fatigue etc. Whaddaya think?