The Official Michigan Winter Thread - Page 71 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2011, 04:22 PM   #701 (permalink)
Official SBF Blogger
 
david_z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Detroit suburbs
Posts: 3,360
Blog Entries: 5
Default

DAMNIT! My gamble didn't pay off Pine Knob is now officially closed.

I am seriously considering to poach it on Saturday sometime. Probably a real quick once-and-done unless there are boxes still set up that aren't sketchy as hell after the weather this week. Anyone interested?

PM me & I'll be in touch.
david_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-17-2011, 06:58 PM   #702 (permalink)
Member
 
cmubennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 30
Default

Whats up dudes? I just got into snowboarding this year and im bummed this season is over I lurked on here for a while and finally joined so I can gain some knowledge on the sport and meet some cool local mi people
cmubennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:26 PM   #703 (permalink)
Official SBF Blogger
 
david_z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Detroit suburbs
Posts: 3,360
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmubennett View Post
Whats up dudes? I just got into snowboarding this year and im bummed this season is over I lurked on here for a while and finally joined so I can gain some knowledge on the sport and meet some cool local mi people
You came to the wrong place for cool people. what you see is what you get!

but seriously... yeah welcome to the forum we will make another thread for "Michigan" sometime before next winter starts but until then a few of us I'm sure will be posting here a little bit more.

Where have you done most of your riding so far?
__________________

Repping the world's smallest mountains... 2013-2014 snow days: 45

Mt. Brighton - 13
Mt. Holly - 5
Hawk Island - 4
Mt. Bohemia - 3
Mt. Tolle - 3
Boyne Mountain - 2
Pine Knob - 2
Crystal Mountain - 2
Treetops - 2
Alpine Valley - 2
Caberfae Peaks - 2
Urban - 1
Slackcountry - 1
Nub's Nob - 1
Sugar Mountain, NC - 1
Beech Mountain, NC - 1
david_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:52 AM   #704 (permalink)
Member
 
[fly]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 93
Default

Marquette's looking pretty dead. I talked to a guy today who said the snow was stickier than all get out, and it's supposed to stay warm all week. Plus, the skate/snow shop is getting ready for summer...so they're holding out for warmer stuff.

*shrug*
We do have one more blizzard coming, I just don't know when
__________________
I kill the bunny hill!
[fly] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:25 AM   #705 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
boardaddicktd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: colorado
Posts: 323
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [fly] View Post
Marquette's looking pretty dead. I talked to a guy today who said the snow was stickier than all get out, and it's supposed to stay warm all week. Plus, the skate/snow shop is getting ready for summer...so they're holding out for warmer stuff.

*shrug*
We do have one more blizzard coming, I just don't know when
yea idk dude i think we might of had you beat on the "sticky" scale last week at holly. after yesterdays weather, i think everyone is in spring mode. slowly shifting to the "what do you do for fun in the summer" thread. heading up to boyne tomorrow for the spring fest. although after last night, i dont really even want to think about drinking again.
__________________
BOARDADDICKTD
boardaddicktd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:03 AM   #706 (permalink)
Member
 
cmubennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_z View Post
You came to the wrong place for cool people. what you see is what you get!

but seriously... yeah welcome to the forum we will make another thread for "Michigan" sometime before next winter starts but until then a few of us I'm sure will be posting here a little bit more.

Where have you done most of your riding so far?
Ha thanks, I did most of my riding at mt. Holly but got up to treetops and boyne once this winter. I'm hoping to get out more next season
cmubennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:38 AM   #707 (permalink)
Official SBF Blogger
 
david_z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Detroit suburbs
Posts: 3,360
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmubennett View Post
Ha thanks, I did most of my riding at mt. Holly but got up to treetops and boyne once this winter. I'm hoping to get out more next season
Cool! glad you were able to get up to a few of the bigger resorts it such a different experience up there especially if there is good weather.

Most of us here on the forum ride the various local hills (Holly, Pine Knob & Alpine Valley) pretty regularly so next season be sure to check the forum everyone is usually looking for riding buddies.

Last edited by david_z; 03-18-2011 at 09:13 AM.
david_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:09 AM   #708 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
sabatoa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 1,921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmubennett View Post
Whats up dudes? I just got into snowboarding this year and im bummed this season is over I lurked on here for a while and finally joined so I can gain some knowledge on the sport and meet some cool local mi people
Hey, welcome to the group man. I just started this year too, the forum guys here (boardaddikted, leo and david_z in particular) have been really helpful with local tips and tricks. I think this whole forum in general kicks ass so I'm sure I'll be posting throughout the summer in other threads.
sabatoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:00 AM   #709 (permalink)
Member
 
cmubennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabatoa View Post
Hey, welcome to the group man. I just started this year too, the forum guys here (boardaddikted, leo and david_z in particular) have been really helpful with local tips and tricks. I think this whole forum in general kicks ass so I'm sure I'll be posting throughout the summer in other threads.
Yea I have been reading alot of good info on here its pretty awesome. I have read Leo's reviews of the never summer boards ( which I had never heard of) and those are probably the sickest boards ever. Boyne was pretty cool it was like I wasn't even in Michigan anymore. I'll have to keep an eye out next year when you guys are looking to go, I only go with my girlfriend so I'm always looking for someone to go with if she doesn't feel up to it. But you'll have to deal with me being a noob still
cmubennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:09 AM   #710 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
sabatoa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 1,921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmubennett View Post
I only go with my girlfriend so I'm always looking for someone to go with if she doesn't feel up to it. But you'll have to deal with me being a noob still

haha, ditto. I only go with mine too but the difference is that she ALWAYS feels up to it. She's a big a freak as the rest of us.

When did you start? How are you doing so far? I started in January, I stick to greens up north and moderate blues down here.

Once my ankle is healthy I'll start experimenting with little tricks here and there I think.
sabatoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums