Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Music Discussion (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/music-discussion/)
-   -   Best Album of the Decade (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/music-discussion/21168-best-album-decade.html)

longboard16 12-13-2009 09:56 PM

Best Album of the Decade
 
As we finished this decade the question is who had the best selling CD in the last ten years. The answer might surprise you as two of the members are dead and the band broke up forty year ago. That right, the lads from Liverpool: John, Paul, George and Ringo are still topping the charts. The Beatles compilation 1 sold 11.4 million copies during the decade edging past Eminem album.

There are several articles based on Nielsen SoundScan ratings on the subject from USA Today to one in Rolling Stone that can be found at the address below:

Eminem and The Beatles: The Top-Selling Artists of the 2000s : Rolling Stone : Rock and Roll Daily

Eminem did slightly outsell The Beatles for total (32 million to 30 million) to capture the title Best Selling Artist of the Decade.


As musicians who were only together about eight years The Beatles were simply brilliant.

desklamp 12-13-2009 10:18 PM

top selling ≠ best

freshy 12-13-2009 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desklamp (Post 220209)
top selling ≠ best

:thumbsup:

bakesale 12-14-2009 12:06 AM

And now for the top 3 albums of the year, based on critical acclaim and not record sales, because the only people who actually buy music anymore are stupid.

If you disagree with the top 3 then you should kill yourself.

http://www.lib.washington.edu/media/...ages/kid_a.jpg
1: Radiohead - Kid A


http://betterpropaganda.com/images/a...e_Fire_480.jpg
2: Arcade Fire - Funeral


http://en.academic.ru/pictures/enwik..._Discovery.jpg
3: Daft Punk - Discovery

Music Moves 12-14-2009 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desklamp (Post 220209)
top selling ≠ best

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EXACTLY what I thought as soon as I saw "selling".

freshy 12-14-2009 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bakesale (Post 220238)
And now for the top 3 albums of the year, based on critical acclaim and not record sales, because the only people who actually buy music anymore are stupid.

If you disagree with the top 3 then you should kill yourself.

http://www.lib.washington.edu/media/...ages/kid_a.jpg
1: Radiohead - Kid A


http://betterpropaganda.com/images/a...e_Fire_480.jpg
2: Arcade Fire - Funeral


http://en.academic.ru/pictures/enwik..._Discovery.jpg
3: Daft Punk - Discovery

I hope your being sarcastic, as we know sarcasm doesent translate well over the net.

bakesale 12-14-2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freshy (Post 220459)
I hope your being sarcastic, as we know sarcasm doesent translate well over the net.

Pitchfork agrees with me

Pitchfork: Staff Lists: The Top 200 Albums of the 2000s: 20-1

crazyface 12-22-2009 04:38 PM

http://www.lizandlaura.com/wp-conten...rainbows-3.jpg
http://www.ugo.com/music/hip-hop-alb...advillainy.jpg
http://thesteinbergprinciple.files.w..._elephant1.jpg

Nugggster 12-22-2009 11:38 PM

How does a Tool album not make that list:eek: after seeing the results I guess its time to consider the source

Free_Rider 12-23-2009 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nugggster (Post 225012)
How does a Tool album not make that list:eek: after seeing the results I guess its time to consider the source

Tool is too "complicated" for them to understand. :rolleyes:

Tool ftw.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2