Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
I hated Apple Music. I switched back to Spotify a couple of weeks ago. Free 90 days had run out on Apple. In that time, Spotify finally got a family plan in Canada so I switched back. Family plan was the only reason i tried Apple Music.
Apple Music Pros and Cons:
1. Excellent playlists and radio. These are made by humans not algorithms and they are far better than Spotify's.
2. Huge library including stuff not on Spotify ie: Taylor Swift
1. I hate the UI. Similar to iTunes UI and I hate the iTunes UI. I just find Spotify much easier to use.
2. No user created playlist. I love this feature on Spotify.
3. Harder to make playlists. Again shitty UI.
4. No top songs list for artists. Spotify lists the number of plays for the top ten songs for every artist, I love that feature.
5. No social media content, not a huge deal but it is fun to see playlists created by your friend or famous people and follow them. Nice to be able to share playlists with friends and public. Handy feature i missed in Apple.
Most people probably couldn't give 2 shits about my music streaming experiences. But I thought I would share them because I take music streaming services very seriously and I like a lot of first hand information. I use Spotify every day and find great value in the service. Music is a big part of snowboarding so I thought I would share my experiences.