Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Music Discussion (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/music-discussion/)
-   -   Hatebreed (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/music-discussion/21792-hatebreed.html)

m60g 12-24-2009 10:22 PM

Hatebreed
 
Anyone listen to band?

Their fucking awesome:thumbsup:


http://www.hatebreed.com/

NHrider 12-24-2009 10:56 PM

The Best out there IMO...I use to live 2 houses down from jamie's (singer) mother..so I got to see and talk with him every few days , cool guy just to talk to and shoot the sh*t with
their music is my fav.

m60g 12-24-2009 11:02 PM

You know why their music is so good, Because the lyrics are true:thumbsup:

Have you heard Kingdom of Sorrow? Jamie Jasta is the singer for this band too

NHrider 12-25-2009 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m60g (Post 225842)
You know why their music is so good, Because the lyrics are true:thumbsup:

Have you heard Kingdom of Sorrow? Jamie Jasta is the singer for this band too

oh yeah..I got the KOS cd it's good too...if you get around to it check out a band called 100 demons, its a band from the same area in CT the Hatebreed is from and Jamie is overseeing their music

T.J. 12-25-2009 11:15 AM

have their first few albums...seem em a million times live. craziest pits i have ever been in.

SkullShank 12-25-2009 11:16 PM

grew up in CT, so i have fond memories of going to see jasta 14 (jameys original band) at tiny little venues in fairfield and new haven. nhrider is right...he seems like a good down to earth dude (at least thats how i remember him from back then).

long live CTHC. i have nothing but great memories from the scene.

m60g 12-25-2009 11:24 PM

What other bands are out there that sound like Hatebreed. I like these guy's a lot because their music is still melodic yet hard as hell. And Jasta is a melodic singer. Not just a screamer with no rhyme or reason.

I dislike bands that scream and growl a lot and have no melody or rhythm.

SkullShank 12-26-2009 12:16 AM

my big favorite is lamb of god. they are fucking SICK. drummer is unbelievable. (their first record was under the band name 'burn the priest'. not the current lineup but sick nonetheless)

here are several bands at the top of my most played lists.
acacia strain (growly death metal)
god forbid (you would like these guys if you want melodic death)
killswitch engage (same thing...melodic.)(if you wanna hear the singer (harold) really go off, check out his first band "blood has been shed")
bleeding through (another awesome deathcore type thing)
gojira (french death metal...and awesome)
meshuggah (norwegian death metal...super technical, totally sick)
shadows fall (another good melodic death metal band. MUST check out brian's (singer) original band "overcast". they were my first taste of hardcore teetering on the brink of metal. highly reccomend)
sevendust (not as heavy but lajon (singer) is very talented. dude has a fantastic voice...you'll be singing along in no time)
avenged sevenfold (not nearly as heavy as some listed above, but really great sound. another singalong band)

here's a list of just band names...no descriptions...worth checking out.
all that remains
as blood runs black
as i lay dying
at the gates
(im just going thru my library at this point, hence the alphabetic listing lol)
bury your dead (this band started as a joke, but people liked them so they kept it up. it's just all drop d chuggy breaks. good shit. pay attention to the track names on each album. kinda funny.)
chimaira
devildriver
earth crisis (seriously militant straight edge, vegan band)
emmure (another lunatic act straight outta CT)
kataklysm
remembering never
sepultura (awesome politically driven brazilian metal. if you like this, check out their newer act "conflikted", and soulfly (another side project of max cavalera, singer for sepultura and conflikted)
unearth
vision of disorder

sorry for the tangent...lol
music is something im very passionate about, so when someone takes interest in the genre i love, i get enjoyment out of sharing bands that people may not have heard of.
check back, and let me know what you thought of any of these bands if you pick any up or even just preview some shit on amazon.
a great site i go to sometimes to look for new shit is Lambgoat // hardcore music and metal music. great database of reviews and shit for metal and all its subgenres.
ALSO...and then i will stop typing...DOWNLOAD PANDORA! if you havent heard of it, it will change your musical life. make a station for hatebreed, and it will play songs that are similar. you can 'vote' for the songs on a thumbs up thumbs down basis, and it will mold your station based on that. it's awesome, and most importantly, it's FREE. there's a version for the computer, and theres an app for iphone (im sure other phones too). REALLY worth checking out.

ok im done with this post. lol.
sorry for the long read.

T.J. 12-28-2009 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkullShank (Post 226168)
here's a list of just band names...no descriptions...worth checking out.
all that remains
as blood runs black
as i lay dying
at the gates
(im just going thru my library at this point, hence the alphabetic listing lol)
bury your dead (this band started as a joke, but people liked them so they kept it up. it's just all drop d chuggy breaks. good shit. pay attention to the track names on each album. kinda funny.)
chimaira
devildriver
earth crisis (seriously militant straight edge, vegan band)
emmure (another lunatic act straight outta CT)
kataklysm
remembering never
sepultura (awesome politically driven brazilian metal. if you like this, check out their newer act "conflikted", and soulfly (another side project of max cavalera, singer for sepultura and conflikted)
unearth
vision of disorder

i bolded the bands that definitely get my vote. we may be getting a lil off track but all of the above are worth checking out.

NHrider 12-28-2009 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkullShank (Post 226141)
grew up in CT, so i have fond memories of going to see jasta 14 (jameys original band) at tiny little venues in fairfield and new haven. nhrider is right...he seems like a good down to earth dude (at least thats how i remember him from back then).

long live CTHC. i have nothing but great memories from the scene.

HELL YEAH!!! I'm from Waterbury but used to always go over to see them in New Haven

!!!!CT Hardcore!!!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2