whee you get your music? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2011, 05:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mrjimyjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 266
Default whee you get your music?

ok so i used to use limewire but after getting a virus i had to completely reboot my comp losing most of my stuff so im looking for something else. i cant bring myself up to use itunes but i want some descent quality so wondering what you guys use. thanks guys
__________________
T9 MFM pro (10)
Raiden strike (11)
Celsius Cirrus (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokehaus View Post
Snowolf and I have came to an agreement that it was for sure Poutanen's fault. I vote for one year of probation and being forced to ride skis til death.
mrjimyjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-23-2011, 06:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Powder Keg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The Praries
Posts: 192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimyjohn View Post
ok so i used to use limewire but after getting a virus i had to completely reboot my comp losing most of my stuff so im looking for something else. i cant bring myself up to use itunes but i want some descent quality so wondering what you guys use. thanks guys
Well, to be honest i just download RAR files and decrypt them, or i use torrents. Most commonly RAR/ZIP files though.
But its more commonly small people that have the free stuff that i download.

And about limewire.... yea it sucks bad, i used it at one time. But i got so many viruses its stupid, so good bye limewire.
Powder Keg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
MistahTaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,372
Default

utorrent and isohunt.com
MistahTaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mrjimyjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 266
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder Keg View Post
Well, to be honest i just download RAR files and decrypt them, or i use torrents. Most commonly RAR/ZIP files though.
But its more commonly small people that have the free stuff that i download.

And about limewire.... yea it sucks bad, i used it at one time. But i got so many viruses its stupid, so good bye limewire.
sorry noob here what are RAR's? a file type?
__________________
T9 MFM pro (10)
Raiden strike (11)
Celsius Cirrus (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokehaus View Post
Snowolf and I have came to an agreement that it was for sure Poutanen's fault. I vote for one year of probation and being forced to ride skis til death.
mrjimyjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 17
Default

I use Utorrent and thepiratebay.com or kickasstorrents.com if it's not on thepiratebay. I haven't had any problems with viruses so far (about a year and a half of using this)



Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimyjohn View Post
sorry noob here what are RAR's? a file type?
It's a file type, you use winRAR to open it. It's slightly harder to use, in my opinion
PAboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Powder Keg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The Praries
Posts: 192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAboarder View Post
It's a file type, you use winRAR to open it. It's slightly harder to use, in my opinion
It's not that hard, all you need is a program to decrypt it and your good, the same with ZIP. And the programs that decrypt them are pretty easy to find.
Powder Keg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder Keg View Post
Well, to be honest i just download RAR files and decrypt them, or i use torrents. Most commonly RAR/ZIP files though.
But its more commonly small people that have the free stuff that i download.

And about limewire.... yea it sucks bad, i used it at one time. But i got so many viruses its stupid, so good bye limewire.
Where do you get your RAR files? just use google to find 'em?

I use kickasstorrrents + utorrent for mainstream common music. Check out HypeMachine (hypeM.com) to find new music.
I also use a program called soulseek (slsknet.org)to download harder to find tracks and albums. It's really slow and takes patience but one can find pretty much every song and album on there.

Anybody use newsgroups still?
ElChupocabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
uh oh a virus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 278
Default

YouTube to mp3 Converter


this site is completely free(and virus free) and great and simple to use. i get all my music off it.
uh oh a virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mrjimyjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 266
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh oh a virus View Post
YouTube to mp3 Converter


this site is completely free(and virus free) and great and simple to use. i get all my music off it.
thanks but ive tried things like this before and the quality always seems to get lost during the conversion process... is the quality on this one alright?
__________________
T9 MFM pro (10)
Raiden strike (11)
Celsius Cirrus (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokehaus View Post
Snowolf and I have came to an agreement that it was for sure Poutanen's fault. I vote for one year of probation and being forced to ride skis til death.
mrjimyjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Powder Keg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The Praries
Posts: 192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh oh a virus View Post
YouTube to mp3 Converter


this site is completely free(and virus free) and great and simple to use. i get all my music off it.
Thats sweet and all but, its not good for whole albums.
The quality seems not bad, not the greatest but not horrible (but then im using some great headphones)
Powder Keg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums