songs similar to... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 11:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 85
Default songs similar to...

Hi everyone,

I recently have gotten into a new genre of music...pretty different from my usual hardstyle/dupstep/electro/hiphop stuff...

Could someone please describe the genre/type of these songs, and recommend any similar songs to these? Thank you so much!

Nirvana - Smells like Team Spirit
Blue Oyster Cult- Godzilla
Red House GLory - Fire up

Also, does anyone know similar songs to these? (another diff genre sort of..)
Celldweller-Eon
Nachtmahr - Tanzdiktator

PS Yes I am aware that I sound stupid by asking the genres of these songs...I've just never really looked into this type of music/never really payed attention to it!
jojoinabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-08-2012, 11:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Casual's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 725
Default

You have 3 different genres up there. Grunge Rock, Alternative Rock and Psychedelic Rock. You could probably group them all under Alternative Rock and start there. Check out Stone Temple Pilots, Pearl Jam, Radiohead, Muse, White Stripes... I could go on for an hour because you left a very broad window.

Sorry no help with the second set, no knowledge there. You don't sound stupid by asking for help to broaden your music collection... Stupid would be listening to one tiny genre and ignoring the rest of the music world!
Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
You have 3 different genres up there. Grunge Rock, Alternative Rock and Psychedelic Rock. You could probably group them all under Alternative Rock and start there. Check out Stone Temple Pilots, Pearl Jam, Radiohead, Muse, White Stripes... I could go on for an hour because you left a very broad window.

Sorry no help with the second set, no knowledge there. You don't sound stupid by asking for help to broaden your music collection... Stupid would be listening to one tiny genre and ignoring the rest of the music world!
shit haha...sorry.. to me usually new genres sound the same/I can't really differentiate...): All I know is that they sound good haha Thanks though, really helped!
jojoinabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Casual's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 725
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinabox View Post
shit haha...sorry.. to me usually new genres sound the same/I can't really differentiate...): All I know is that they sound good haha Thanks though, really helped!
Haha ya electro, techno and progressive house would all sound the same to many peeps.
Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
HoboMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 2,314
Default

Some stuff you may like, I can suggest more based on feedback.









For the hell of it
__________________
PowderHound and TreeNinja
HoboMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 915
Default

im liking the new chevelle ablum,
Chevelle - Face To The Floor - YouTube

gotta throw in some tool
Tool - Schism - YouTube

some canadian content, matt good, he does some folk rock to, lots of albums with some different sounds.
Matthew Good - Weapon - YouTube
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
im liking the new chevelle ablum,
Chevelle - Face To The Floor - YouTube

gotta throw in some tool
Tool - Schism - YouTube

some canadian content, matt good, he does some folk rock to, lots of albums with some different sounds.
Matthew Good - Weapon - YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboMaster View Post
Some stuff you may like, I can suggest more based on feedback.
Wow, thank you guys so much...I literally downloaded all of those songs haha

@hobomaster all of those were amazing haha...if you would like to recommend some more please feel free to I'm really liking the deftones one and the bush one haha
jojoinabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 5,598
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinabox View Post
Wow, thank you guys so much...I literally downloaded all of those songs haha

@hobomaster all of those were amazing haha...if you would like to recommend some more please feel free to I'm really liking the deftones one and the bush one haha
Hobomaster's got a pretty good start there... I'm a big fan of everything the deftones have done. If you want stuff nirvana like you can check out "pearl jam" and "alice in chains" which are the other two seattle grunge bands. But also for some fun stuff things like "the offspring", "greenday", "bush"...

Just cause I think some of the more off the wall stuff is better:







And my favorite band picture of all time, just for the deftones love...

poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Hobomaster's got a pretty good start there... I'm a big fan of everything the deftones have done. If you want stuff nirvana like you can check out "pearl jam" and "alice in chains" which are the other two seattle grunge bands. But also for some fun stuff things like "the offspring", "greenday", "bush"...

Just cause I think some of the more off the wall stuff is better:


And my favorite band picture of all time, just for the deftones love...

[IMG]

HA I love the picture. Thanks, I've downloaded those too now! (: I think I may have found a new favorite band..
jojoinabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
cjcameron11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 777
Default

sooo many options, but i have one question. How are you only now just hearing of Nirvana? or did i read it wrong?

You may also like stereophonics, the black keys, better than ezra, DMB, Ben folds five, Ben harper, the vines and don't forget the chill peps!! etc etc

Some of that is off the genre you had listed, but hey your expanding right?
__________________
my names's Petey and i have gigantic balls

Last edited by cjcameron11; 05-10-2012 at 01:30 AM.
cjcameron11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:40 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums