Artists/songs similar to M83, Empire of the Sun, MGMT, Cudi, Wiz.. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2012, 06:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 52
Default Artists/songs similar to M83, Empire of the Sun, MGMT, Cudi, Wiz..

Hey whats up guys.. Looking to beef up my playlist and seeing if anyone had any songs/artists similar to M83, Empire of the Sun, MGMT, Kid Cudi, Wiz, The Naked and Famous, ect.. I'd say some my favorite songs in no particular order are:

M83 - We Own The Sky , Midnight City
Empire of the Sun - We Are the People , Walking on a Dream , Half Mast
Kid Cudi - Man on the Moon , The Prayer , Cudi Zone
Wiz - The Thrill , This Plane, No Sleep , Roll Up
The Naked and Famous - Young Blood , No Way , Punching in a Dream

Anyway I'm open to any suggestions I was just looking for music similar to this because this is what I like to ride to.



scrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-20-2012, 06:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 21
Default

Check out a band called This Will Destroy You

There an instrumental atmoshpheric rock kinda band that kinda reminded me of M83
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostheaven View Post
Check out a band called This Will Destroy You

There an instrumental atmoshpheric rock kinda band that kinda reminded me of M83
Will do. Thanks for the feedback
scrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South East Michigan
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrill View Post
Hey whats up guys.. Looking to beef up my playlist and seeing if anyone had any songs/artists similar to M83, Empire of the Sun, MGMT, Kid Cudi, Wiz, The Naked and Famous, ect.. I'd say some my favorite songs in no particular order are:

M83 - We Own The Sky , Midnight City
Empire of the Sun - We Are the People , Walking on a Dream , Half Mast
Kid Cudi - Man on the Moon , The Prayer , Cudi Zone
Wiz - The Thrill , This Plane, No Sleep , Roll Up
The Naked and Famous - Young Blood , No Way , Punching in a Dream

Anyway I'm open to any suggestions I was just looking for music similar to this because this is what I like to ride to.



Go night boarding and listen to the song heaven at night by kid cudi its the most amazing song to listen to at night.!!!
ankkassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
jdang307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,812
Default

Just enter in your favorite bands into Pandora, and it'll find you similar artists usually. That's how I found Empire of the Sun and Naked and Famous
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
Just enter in your favorite bands into Pandora, and it'll find you similar artists usually. That's how I found Empire of the Sun and Naked and Famous
I'll try this out thanks
scrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
stupidmop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 74
Default

"I think there was an accident here" by Saosin is my snowboard jam.
stupidmop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:20 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
RockyMTNsteeze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Rocky Mountains
Posts: 262
Default

Check out Cut Copy if you like Empire of the Sun and MGMT. I have Cut Copy's "In Ghost Colors" and it's solid. I listened to this album a lot cause I loved it. This is the first band that comes to my mind. I love Empire of the sun.

Other bands that you may like........

The Sounds, "Something To Die For" is a great album

Starfucker, they have pretty much all solid albums

Ratatat, recommend their album "Classics"

Tegan and Sara, I really like the album "So Solid"

Chromeo, they are like electro funk. "Business Casual" is good

Foster the People, they are had a huge hit "Pumped Up Kicks" I think there are other great songs on their only album "Torches"

Miike Snow, only 2 albums I think the self titled one is best

Passion Pit, I really like their songs "Sleepy Head" and "Little Secrets"

LCD Soundsystem, "Sound Of Silver" is a solid 100% good mother fucker

Pandora is awesome. I agree with the other guy, make an MGMT station. I have one on Pandora.
RockyMTNsteeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:25 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMTNsteeze View Post
Check out Cut Copy if you like Empire of the Sun and MGMT. I have Cut Copy's "In Ghost Colors" and it's solid. I listened to this album a lot cause I loved it. This is the first band that comes to my mind. I love Empire of the sun.

Other bands that you may like........

The Sounds, "Something To Die For" is a great album

Starfucker, they have pretty much all solid albums

Ratatat, recommend their album "Classics"

Tegan and Sara, I really like the album "So Solid"

Chromeo, they are like electro funk. "Business Casual" is good

Foster the People, they are had a huge hit "Pumped Up Kicks" I think there are other great songs on their only album "Torches"

Miike Snow, only 2 albums I think the self titled one is best

Passion Pit, I really like their songs "Sleepy Head" and "Little Secrets"

LCD Soundsystem, "Sound Of Silver" is a solid 100% good mother fucker

Pandora is awesome. I agree with the other guy, make an MGMT station. I have one on Pandora.
Appreciate it, I'll check it out
scrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:38 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
stupidmop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrill View Post
I'll try this out thanks
Try spotify also, in case you don't already. What's cool about spotify is you can put a band you like in, and then it will allow you to manually search for similar artists. You can literally spend hours on it looking at different bands/groups.
stupidmop is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:09 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums