Drum n Bass [Fuck Dubstep Ed.]
So I thought we needed a thread like this. While there are one or two dubstep songs out there are good, in general it's a piece of annoying sh** for people who go with the crowd (personal oppinion)
And to be fair, I do hear a lot of different dub through friends. But for the most part it sounds uninspiring. /end of rant
I do usually tend to let people listen to what they like, but sometimes I just have to intervene with my amazing music taste ;-)
Here's what good music is all about. And just to be clear, I've listened to DnB since 08'. Call me hipster all you want, but atleast I have my own style ;)
I guess the point of this thread is to share and discuss DnB music. For ppl who actually like it.
I'll start by sharing a few good songs, varying sub-genres. First ones are mostly liquid.
NOTICE: GOOD HEADPHONES OR SPEAKERS WITH PHAT BASS MANDATORY. ALSO FOR YOUTUBE, SELECT HIGHEST QUALITY AVAILABLE FOR EACH SONG, I.E 720P
But I'm willing to bet people who enjoy DnB already know that.
this one isn't necessarily DnB, but it's awesome either way
These are real trip out songs, I call it dark DnB. Get baked and listen to them. Seriously.
ENJOY, and let the sharing and discussion begin! I'm open to finding new songs :D
edit: to the hating "non-hipsters" (technical code word for the actual hipsters) out there, I do like two fairly poular dub songs. So it's not like I'm completely shutting it out.
Signs of the Hispster:
1.) Talks shit about other hipsters
2.) Lets everyone know how long they have enjoyed a genre or band.
Not really. But whatever floats your boat.
Listening to a genre before it's popular is proof that you didn't just go with the crowd ;)
Had to be done...
You guys are so mad. Why be mad?
Make love not war.
G’day. I’ve spent a lot of time ranting about the hipsters that be, but now I’m going to give you an easy to digest list of signs you might be a hipster. If you can relate to 5 or more, you’re a hipster. If so, GTFO.
1. If someone calls you a hipster, your immediate response is “I’m not a fucking hipster, just because I…[list of hipster items/hobbies] doesn’t make me one.” Denial is the first sign of hipster. You often exclaim “look at that fucking hipster” in the presence of other hipsters.
2. You own or carry a DSLR for the purpose of taking mirror shots, or uninspiring photos of other hipsters, or occasionally a barren landscape. Or maybe some graffiti. Most frequently just your street.
3. You have a pair of glasses, that are either frame-less or clear plastic.
4. You wear a beanie, regardless of any incongruity between weather or temperature.
5. You have a polaroid camera; or you use Hipstamatic on your iPhone – “New-age fun with a vintage feel.”
6. You have said “I liked them before they were mainstream.”
7. As per encyclopediadramatica, you are a walking stereotype with no trace of a genuine personality or intellect.
8. You have participated in previous bullshit fads, including but not limited to emo.
9. You have tattoos of a moustache on your finger, or irrelevant birds, animals or symbols in various places on your body for no apparent reason and nothing in the way of justification.
10. You have few avenues for any intellectual or personal development, drinking heavily and consuming copious amounts of illicit substances for your own relief.
That said I like some drum and bass, and some dubstep, and some 90's dance, and reggae, really like dub music. A band I really like is USS (Ubiquitous Synergy Seeker) which has a D&B feel to their stuff.
Well any douche bag could have wrote that shit.
Here's my own list:
1.You're a hipster if you have to call someone who prefers something other than mainstream, and dislikes something that rightfully deserves to be hated on, a hipster.
2. You think a non-hipster means you can keep going with the crowd because you can't find your own identity.
Anyway, this thread's about DnB. Not about hipsters, even though maybe I asked for it a bit.
Let's stay on-topic, or let this thread die in peace (assuming this place is full of dnb hating dubstep loving non-hipsters)
I have a question about Dub-step / house / Drum n Bass or whatever that whole genre of music is called.
What are the differences?
How come when I listen to some songs, it seems like they have no semblance of structure? No "verse, chorus, verse, chorus" etc. Now I know that a lot of these songs have no verses because its all instrumental, but sometimes its just a bunch of weird noises and you can't tell if its about to go back to the hook or if your radio is about to catch on fire.
Maybe I'm just listening to the wrong stuff? :dunno:
Song I'm liking recently: Knife Party - Bonfire
Have no idea if that dub, bro-step, or whatever. But even that song gets a little "long" in a few parts when I wish they would stick with the reggae part of the beat.
If you can't tell the difference...
I was there, raving hard in and around London in 1990 as Drum n Bass began to emerge from the Hardcore Breakbeat scene.
08? That's a little late?
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:34 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.