In no particular order, except #1
1. Pearl Jam - saw them in '99 in Greensboro. I liked them before, but what I saw blew me away. I know some blame him for the "bow now" movement, but the guy is an incredible voice talent. Just unbelievable. They came out for encore after encore. Finally Eddie by himself. They were turning on the lights and the cleaning crew was coming through and he was still up there singing his ass off.
2. Jurrasic 5 and The Roots - Outkast headlined the show, but J5 and The Roots stole it. Watching J5 live is awesome.
3. Bela Fleck and the Flecktones. Everyone who is a fan of music needs to witness a Vic Wooten bass solo at least once.
4. Jamey Johnson - another unbelievable voice talent. You gotta hear him sing Long Black Veil. Holy shit.
5. Aaron Lewis - second only to Eddie Vedder in terms of pure voice talent that I've seen. This guy can straight sing. The country stuff is just a waste of his voice. When he cuts into an Alice and Chains or Pearl Jam cover, that's when the hair on the back of your neck stands up.
6. Zach Brown Band - this one surprised me. My wife really wanted to go so I went. When they came out on stage busting out an Outkast cover right off the bat I realized that I made the right call on that one. When they brought Robert Randolph and the Family Band out on stage for a jam session, that was some truly high quality shit.
7. Wylde Peach - this was Outkast's touring band. Crazy talented. They came out onto stage with a Led Zeppelin cover and that chick had some pipes.
really shitty recording, but the best I could find: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YGQ3...E12A45608222EF
8. Ben Harper - what needs to be said. Damn.