Review: 2012 Never Summer Proto CT - Page 15 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2011, 02:41 PM   #141 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Westmalle, Belgium
Posts: 28
Default

Hmm I'm having some problems with my size 11 boots on my CTX. Heels have about 1.5-2cm overhang wich is perfect for me. My toes have 0.5-1cm overhang with my binding set up all the way forward. A bit unbalanced as you can see...

I know I can set my highbacks and front footbeds forward but the latter keep backing up while riding wich results in less responsiveness.
Maybe I just need new bindings.

Last edited by Glitchdj; 02-23-2011 at 02:46 PM.
Glitchdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-23-2011, 02:44 PM   #142 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 156
Default

size 11 is sometimes the cutoff point for a normal width board depending on your boot.
cjs2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:57 PM   #143 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchdj View Post
Hmm I'm having some problems with my size 11 boots on my CTX. Heels have about 1.5-2cm overhang wich is perfect for me. My toes have 0.5-1cm overhang with my binding set up all the way forward. A bit unbalanced as you can see...

I know I can set my highbacks and front footbeds forward but the latter keep backing up while riding wich results in less responsiveness.
Maybe I just need new bindings.
When you even them out, the overhang will be even less on your heels and a little more on your toes than current. I don't think you need the CTX as your overhang is pretty tiny.

As for your uneven issue, it is definitely your bindings. Instead of adjusting forward lean, adjust your heel cup. Most bindings accommodate multiple sizes. The way they do this is by making the heelcup adjustable. There should be a screw where the heelcup is attached to the base. You can adjust it from there. In your case, it sounds like you will need to move the heelcup a step up towards the toe.
__________________
www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:05 PM   #144 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Westmalle, Belgium
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
When you even them out, the overhang will be even less on your heels and a little more on your toes than current. I don't think you need the CTX as your overhang is pretty tiny.

As for your uneven issue, it is definitely your bindings. Instead of adjusting forward lean, adjust your heel cup. Most bindings accommodate multiple sizes. The way they do this is by making the heelcup adjustable. There should be a screw where the heelcup is attached to the base. You can adjust it from there. In your case, it sounds like you will need to move the heelcup a step up towards the toe.
Sorry Leo, I meanth adjusting the heel cup instead of the highbacks. It will indeed move my foot forward but my toes will not be entirely on the toeramp since the toeramp, when moved forward, keeps backing up again while riding.
I don't know how bad that be would though, when your toes are positioned slightly beyond the toe ramp.

Last edited by Glitchdj; 02-24-2011 at 08:58 AM.
Glitchdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:13 PM   #145 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Default

So your toe ramp is adjustable, but they push back in when riding? That sucks.

What bindings do you use?
__________________
www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:54 AM   #146 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Westmalle, Belgium
Posts: 28
Default

I got the 2009 Ride SPi bindings.
Glitchdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:52 AM   #147 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 66
Default

Yeah, that does suck about your Ride's toe ramp. Depending upon how the toe of your boot sits when the toe ramp is all the way in, I would say that you may need new bindings or at the very least, may need to give Ride a call to see if they can do anything.
crispy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:19 AM   #148 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Default

Well, to be fair, the toe/heel ramps don't need to be completely under the whole area of your boot. They just need to be under the contact points. You can generally tell which parts of your heel/toe will make contact when you engage an edge. That's where you want your ramps to be under.

It isn't super important, but it definitely improves the edge response and feels more comfortable.
__________________
www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:45 AM   #149 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_z View Post
I'm gonna hop on Leo's CT sometime soon, we're pretty close to the same size, (6ft, 210 lbs, size 11 boot). I'll let you know how it works out, hopefully I can get on it next week if all our snow doesn't melt.
Looking forward to your review, as I am also close to your size (6'1", 200lbs, size 10.5 boots)


How does the NS flex scale compare to the Gnu flex scale? I am riding the 159 Gnu Carbon Credit right now, and wouldn't mind something a little softer.. but still want something stiff enough for bigger landings.

Torn between the Evo/Revolver and the Proto CT for next season.
McSos88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:37 AM   #150 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSos88 View Post
Looking forward to your review, as I am also close to your size (6'1", 200lbs, size 10.5 boots)


How does the NS flex scale compare to the Gnu flex scale? I am riding the 159 Gnu Carbon Credit right now, and wouldn't mind something a little softer.. but still want something stiff enough for bigger landings.

Torn between the Evo/Revolver and the Proto CT for next season.
The Evo is a soft board. It's softer than the CC for sure. I'd say the Proto is about the same as a CC. However, the Proto is super poppy so it makes it a great jump board. You kind of have to familiarize yourself with the pop because if you just go right into it, it catches you off guard.
__________________
www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:33 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums