Review: 2012 Never Summer Proto CT - Page 18 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #171 of 925 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 06:47 AM Thread Starter
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,213
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan2011 View Post
Leo, if you were going to go on a natural progression to a faster, better all round board, would this be the next step up from riding a K2 Raygun in the Never Summer line?
This or the SL would definitely be the best contenders for your next ride. The Proto is a twin while the SL is a directional twin with more dampening.

Personally, I'd do the Proto to keep things playful unless you are dead certain that you are going to stay away from freestyle.

In that case, actually I'd say get the Heritage.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reviews and David Z's rants
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Leo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #172 of 925 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 06:09 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
I'm guessing that the NS raptor is a better comparison to the Magic.
So wait, you want to compare a slightly tapered, set back, freeride board (Raptor) with True Twin, center stance board (Banana Magic) as being comparable?
Ha, that is hilarious.
The Intern is offline  
post #173 of 925 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,213
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Intern View Post
So wait, you want to compare a slightly tapered, set back, freeride board (Raptor) with True Twin, center stance board (Banana Magic) as being comparable?
Ha, that is hilarious.
Said I'm guessing for a reason. I've never been on the raptor. I'm talking from a flex stand point. Don't know the specs of raptor or exact flex for that matter. Would have to look at the catalog for that.

Also from the angle of being a freeride board. Actually, guess I would consider the Magic a stiffer all-mountain freestyle.

Is this BA's intern?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reviews and David Z's rants
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Leo is offline  
post #174 of 925 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 12:22 AM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 11,704
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Raptor = Billy Goat or C2 Dark Series no where near as close as the Banana magic.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline  
post #175 of 925 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 03:43 AM Thread Starter
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,213
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Raptor = Billy Goat or C2 Dark Series no where near as close as the Banana magic.
None of which I rode :P

My guess was plainly wrong. Thanks for the clarification BA.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reviews and David Z's rants
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Leo is offline  
post #176 of 925 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 05:15 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 11,704
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Anyone want to explain to me why there's 3 Never summer review stickies in here?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline  
post #177 of 925 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,213
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Anyone want to explain to me why there's 3 Never summer review stickies in here?
Because you haven't started your 100 days of reviews yet

Serious answer: Snowolf stickied them.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reviews and David Z's rants
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Leo is offline  
post #178 of 925 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 05:27 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Edit: damn iPhone.....

Last edited by The Intern; 03-18-2011 at 05:36 PM.
The Intern is offline  
post #179 of 925 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,213
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Damn bro, you on your rag or something? What's with this sudden hard on for attacking me? Think what you want, I told you all I had to say. If you don't believe me, then its in your own little head.

Funny how you call my review all rainbows yet your own review talks nothing, but positive things about the same board. All this because I thanked Vince and Tracey in my review? And saying I "guess" about some board comparison? Wow man.

I do nothing to provoke you and yet you pick a fight. Kind of like that Locals article you did about the tourists that start bar fights for no reason.

You bring up this whole Never Summer thing, yet you say nothing about all my other love I show for boards like TD, Machete, and Banana Magic. And now you're giving me crap because a mod stickied this post? I had nothing to do with that and I'll let Snowolf explain himself.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reviews and David Z's rants
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Leo is offline  
post #180 of 925 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 06:07 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 11,704
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Darth Vader makes me laugh keep waving those E penises guy I'm amused!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome