Review: 2012 Never Summer Proto CT - Page 27 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2011, 07:32 AM   #261 (permalink)
Ten
Member
 
Ten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Reading, England
Posts: 38
Default

Hello

Am thinking of pre-ordering a proto in the UK. It seems it may be difficult to demo one here so just wanted opinions on what size to go for?

height 5'9'' (short, v stocky build)
weight 220-230lbs (210 on a very good month )
feet size 11 us (UK 10)
intermediate skill
all mountain and a bit of park
duck stance 15/15 wide

I currently ride a 156 Imperivm Snowboards - DJ VI Series which is great apart from my boots overhang a full inch on both the toe and heel. I have started to get some toe drag on very steep runs with this but never enough to make me face plant.

The Proto CT 157 specs are pretty much the same as the DJVI, wider by a couple of mm so I am looking at that, although the the wide version 158 CTX has also got my attention because of my boot overhang.

Any opinions / help welcome.

ten
Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-20-2011, 09:28 AM   #262 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Default

Posted a link to part 2 of this review on the first post. You'll see David Z's take on this board as well as a little more info from me about how it rode with different bindings and on different terrain.
__________________
www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:00 PM   #263 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Posted a link to part 2 of this review on the first post. You'll see David Z's take on this board as well as a little more info from me about how it rode with different bindings and on different terrain.
Great review guys!
What size boots does David Z wear?

I'm going to go w/ the 154 Evo next season, hopefully my 10.5US will not cause too much toe/heel drag.
McSos88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:07 PM   #264 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Default

He has size 11 ThirtyTwo TM(I think that's the name) boots.
__________________
www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:44 AM   #265 (permalink)
Member
 
fatbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten View Post
Hello

Am thinking of pre-ordering a proto in the UK. It seems it may be difficult to demo one here so just wanted opinions on what size to go for?

height 5'9'' (short, v stocky build)
weight 220-230lbs (210 on a very good month )
feet size 11 us (UK 10)
intermediate skill
all mountain and a bit of park
duck stance 15/15 wide

I currently ride a 156 Imperivm Snowboards - DJ VI Series which is great apart from my boots overhang a full inch on both the toe and heel. I have started to get some toe drag on very steep runs with this but never enough to make me face plant.

The Proto CT 157 specs are pretty much the same as the DJVI, wider by a couple of mm so I am looking at that, although the the wide version 158 CTX has also got my attention because of my boot overhang.

Any opinions / help welcome.

ten
Hi Ten,

Maxtrack are the distributers in the UK and I know there is a Proto CT in a 157 and a 158 CTX (I've ridden and reviewed it ) in the UK. You may be lucky and get to try one after the May Board Test in Kaunertal. The 157 seems quite narrow so you may be best on a 158 CTX. You can find a contact on Welcome to Never Summer - Snowboards, Skateboards and clothing | Never Summer Industries if you need any info or PM me.
fatbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:19 AM   #266 (permalink)
Ten
Member
 
Ten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Reading, England
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbob View Post
Hi Ten,

Maxtrack are the distributers in the UK and I know there is a Proto CT in a 157 and a 158 CTX (I've ridden and reviewed it ) in the UK. You may be lucky and get to try one after the May Board Test in Kaunertal. The 157 seems quite narrow so you may be best on a 158 CTX. You can find a contact on Welcome to Never Summer - Snowboards, Skateboards and clothing | Never Summer Industries if you need any info or PM me.
Excellent, thanks for the info
Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:06 AM   #267 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
losib3257's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Posted a link to part 2 of this review on the first post. You'll see David Z's take on this board as well as a little more info from me about how it rode with different bindings and on different terrain.
Where is the 2nd part of the review?
losib3257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:11 AM   #268 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losib3257 View Post
Where is the 2nd part of the review?
I linked it at the top of the first post. It's not part 2 per-se, just some more info regarding my other sessions with this board. It also includes my friend's review as well (David Z, it's his blog).
__________________
www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:54 AM   #269 (permalink)
Official SBF Blogger
 
david_z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Detroit suburbs
Posts: 3,398
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
I linked it at the top of the first post. It's not part 2 per-se, just some more info regarding my other sessions with this board. It also includes my friend's review as well (David Z, it's his blog).
Review on the site includes both of our reviews. This was a super fun board when I finally got to ride it for a full weekend in March. Carves well, jibs well, pretty stable for a twin park-oriented board so you could take it anywhere on the mountain & have fun with it, low swing weight. Just all around fun to ride.

I'd buy it if I had $600 to budget for another deck...
__________________

Repping the world's smallest mountains... 2013-2014 snow days: 48

Mt. Brighton - 13
Hawk Island - 6
Mt. Holly - 5
Mt. Bohemia - 3
Mt. Tolle - 3
Boyne Mountain - 2
Pine Knob - 2
Crystal Mountain - 2
Treetops - 2
Alpine Valley - 2
Caberfae Peaks - 2
Cannonsburg - 1
Urban - 1
Slackcountry - 1
Nub's Nob - 1
Sugar Mountain, NC - 1
Beech Mountain, NC - 1
david_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:54 AM   #270 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
losib3257's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_z View Post
Review on the site includes both of our reviews. This was a super fun board when I finally got to ride it for a full weekend in March. Carves well, jibs well, pretty stable for a twin park-oriented board so you could take it anywhere on the mountain & have fun with it, low swing weight. Just all around fun to ride.

I'd buy it if I had $600 to budget for another deck...
Yeah I don't care how much it costs I want it. Going this weekend to my shop to put some money down on it.

Its going to be a long summer...
losib3257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums