Review: 2012 Never Summer Proto CT - Page 38 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #371 of 925 (permalink) Old 07-10-2011, 09:04 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
david_z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Detroit suburbs
Posts: 3,744
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 6
eat a whole chicken a day.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
>>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
david_z is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #372 of 925 (permalink) Old 07-11-2011, 06:38 AM Thread Starter
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,213
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_z View Post
eat a whole chicken a day.
Just to get random on you...

Eating a whole chicken a day will actually make you lose/maintain your weight. It is the optimal way to diet. Of course, the chicken has to be rationed throughout the day. Grilled chicken every few hours is super healthy and the frequency of meals ensures you never get too full or too hungry. This in turn speeds up your metabolism so your body runs at maximum efficiency.

Down side would be that you have to wake up every few hours to eat during the night as well.

Sorry, that thought was just the remnants of my weight lifting days when I actually used to read about this stuff (never tried this diet, you need way too much will power for it).


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reviews and David Z's rants
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Leo is offline  
post #373 of 925 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 07:12 AM
Member
 
Kuragari's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Something was waiting for me in the mail when I got home today. Oh happy day!





(cheers to fattrav for hooking me up with a supplier )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Tell you what, use up your board then we can trade Protos.

Neon Green sidewalls > NS logo on Eagle's heart

I have white sidewalls on mine.

LoL. In reality, I know you and I can really care less about these things since it's still a Proto.
I got neither green sidewalls nor a NS logo on the Eagle's heart! Personally I prefer not having the logo, but would have loved green sidewalls.
Kuragari is offline  
post #374 of 925 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 11:12 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
david_z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Detroit suburbs
Posts: 3,744
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Just to get random on you...

Eating a whole chicken a day will actually make you lose/maintain your weight.
Hahah... it is something my HS football coach used to tell us.

In college I went on a diet where I basically ate:
  • Breakfast: eggs & bacon/ham & two pieces of rye toast.
  • Lunch: salad, can of tuna fish, crackers, apple.
  • Dinner: 1 pound of meat (chicken, steak, pork, fish), 1 whole baked potato, 1 can of vegetables (usually green beans).

Surprisingly, I think I actually lost weight, but I was also running 2 miles each morning before going to the gym (4 days a week) and had 2hr+ rugby practice on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings with games on Saturdays. I was actually about 20 pounds lighter than I am right now, and a fuckload stronger and faster. To this day I am convinced that puffing chronic before you go to the gym gives you superhuman endurance for lifting weights.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
>>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
david_z is offline  
post #375 of 925 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 11:44 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wanaka
Posts: 166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuragari View Post
Something was waiting for me in the mail when I got home today. Oh happy day!





(cheers to fattrav for hooking me up with a supplier )



I got neither green sidewalls nor a NS logo on the Eagle's heart! Personally I prefer not having the logo, but would have loved green sidewalls.

Did you get it from BWM Snow? - (that's where I got mine from) Am hitting the mountain (Ruapehu) this weekend for the first time with my Proto. One more day, can't f*&king wait. Around a meter of snow has fallen this past week!
crispynz1 is offline  
post #376 of 925 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 05:49 PM
Member
 
Kuragari's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crispynz1 View Post
Did you get it from BWM Snow? - (that's where I got mine from) Am hitting the mountain (Ruapehu) this weekend for the first time with my Proto. One more day, can't f*&king wait. Around a meter of snow has fallen this past week!
Yup, sure did. Boy it was difficult to get it here though, lol.

Spoke to Greg from BWM, but he couldn't sell to Australia. So I had to go hunt for a mail forwarding company in NZ. Finally found one, then when I went to buy off the BWM website, it only appeared on the NZ website, which I couldn't access because it kept redirecting me to the Australian version. So I got around it by using a proxy.

All good now? You'd think so. After paying, my Paypal then goes into lockdown because it detects me being in another country from using the proxy so I have to call them up to get the account unlocked and the payment released (it's nice knowing they have good security though). Snowboard is finally on the way to mail forwarder. I'm notified of its arrival a few days later. I then select it from my inbox to be forwarded to my address. 3 days go by and no action on my account. Turns out I misread the shipping options and the snowboard is too long for the delivery methods they offer.

I then spend the next three days e-mailing back and forth with the forwarding company to arrange a shipment method (because nobody seems to pick up the phone there. Ever.)

I really did want this board though and didn't want to pay the extortional prices that Australia seems to think is reasonable.

Phew, time to go to the snow I reckon!
Kuragari is offline  
post #377 of 925 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 05:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wanaka
Posts: 166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuragari View Post
Yup, sure did. Boy it was difficult to get it here though, lol.

Spoke to Greg from BWM, but he couldn't sell to Australia. So I had to go hunt for a mail forwarding company in NZ. Finally found one, then when I went to buy off the BWM website, it only appeared on the NZ website, which I couldn't access because it kept redirecting me to the Australian version. So I got around it by using a proxy.

All good now? You'd think so. After paying, my Paypal then goes into lockdown because it detects me being in another country from using the proxy so I have to call them up to get the account unlocked and the payment released (it's nice knowing they have good security though). Snowboard is finally on the way to mail forwarder. I'm notified of its arrival a few days later. I then select it from my inbox to be forwarded to my address. 3 days go by and no action on my account. Turns out I misread the shipping options and the snowboard is too long for the delivery methods they offer.

I then spend the next three days e-mailing back and forth with the forwarding company to arrange a shipment method (because nobody seems to pick up the phone there. Ever.)

I really did want this board though and didn't want to pay the extortional prices that Australia seems to think is reasonable.

Phew, time to go to the snow I reckon!

Shit, what do they charge there - mine was $949 NZD - that's about $800 USD at today's rate.
crispynz1 is offline  
post #378 of 925 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 06:28 PM
Member
 
Kuragari's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crispynz1 View Post
Shit, what do they charge there - mine was $949 NZD - that's about $800 USD at today's rate.
Well originally back when I was asking for quotes, this was around March or April I think..

We only have one supplier for Never Summer in Australia. So I e-mailed them for a quote. I was offered 879.00 AUD = 946.691 USD (using today's rates) and a 10% discount if I prepaid.

I ended up getting a 10% discount off that NZ retail price as well because I had asked so early and wanted to prepay.
Kuragari is offline  
post #379 of 925 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 07:47 PM
Veteran Member
 
fattrav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 1,087
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No worries man, glad to see that you got a neversummer. It'll serve you well no doubt. Pity that it was such a mossion to get it (mine SL was too, but for different reasons). I've mentioned to Greg that he needs to look at bringing in the evo as well, maybe he'll start that next year.

Go figure on those import tariffs bringing up the prices so high. I know that some one somewhere is making alot of money off of the snow scene in Aussie and NZ.

Never Summer SL153 & Atomic Hatchet 159
Burton CO2
Nitro Teams
fattrav is offline  
post #380 of 925 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 09:49 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
david_z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Detroit suburbs
Posts: 3,744
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuragari View Post
Well originally back when I was asking for quotes, this was around March or April I think..

We only have one supplier for Never Summer in Australia. So I e-mailed them for a quote. I was offered 879.00 AUD = 946.691 USD (using today's rates) and a 10% discount if I prepaid.

I ended up getting a 10% discount off that NZ retail price as well because I had asked so early and wanted to prepay.
Goddamnit you guys overseas take it up the ass... USD $950 for a Proto C/T? Does the Aussie down-under version of the Proto give hand-jobs or something?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
>>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
david_z is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome