Review: 2012 Never Summer Proto CT - Page 55 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #541 of 925 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 11:47 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
one vote 154, one vote 157....

The 154 has the same effective edge as my current 158 hence the dilemma. I'm guessing the 157 is the right size for me, but I'm curious if anyone my size is rocking the 154. crispynz1 where do you ride in a indoor snowdome - pretty cool idea.
sdbadd is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #542 of 925 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 12:38 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wanaka
Posts: 166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdbadd View Post
one vote 154, one vote 157....

The 154 has the same effective edge as my current 158 hence the dilemma. I'm guessing the 157 is the right size for me, but I'm curious if anyone my size is rocking the 154. crispynz1 where do you ride in a indoor snowdome - pretty cool idea.
Snowplanet is in Auckland, New Zealand. Here is a youtube vid of some kid - gives you an idea of what it's like. Not perfect, but only a 20 min drive from home.

Snowplanet NZ - YouTube
crispynz1 is offline  
post #543 of 925 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 08:01 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crispynz1 View Post
Snowplanet is in Auckland, New Zealand. Here is a youtube vid of some kid - gives you an idea of what it's like. Not perfect, but only a 20 min drive from home.

Snowplanet NZ - YouTube
Perfect place to practice your park skills over the summer.
sdbadd is offline  
post #544 of 925 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 06:25 PM
Senior Member
 
WHOisDAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 113
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Patiently waiting for opening day.



WHOisDAN is offline  
post #545 of 925 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,213
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lol why three protos? And I think you are the unofficial megafan of NS


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reviews and David Z's rants
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Leo is offline  
post #546 of 925 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 06:40 PM
Banned
 
Sick-Pow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,314
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Lol why three protos? And I think you are the unofficial megafan of NS

Really rad quiver too.
Sick-Pow is offline  
post #547 of 925 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 07:55 PM
Senior Member
 
pmoa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 232
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowKanin View Post
Very nice pmoa! Thats exactly how I requested mine when I pre-ordered earlier this year. Mine should be in the shop in the next couple of weeks. Cant wait to have it in hand and get my 2011/2012 setup squared away! I'll be rocking Rome 390's. Have you had a chance to ride on the SF45's yet? I'd looked at those... I'd like to hear how you think they feel and pair up with the Proto.
Well we'll find out in a long couple of months
pmoa is offline  
post #548 of 925 (permalink) Old 10-28-2011, 12:09 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok so i need a little bit of help. Ive been considering getting the proto ct for about a year now and have read through a lot of these threads trying to decide which size to get. Id say I'm an intermediate rider that does about 25% park (love it and want to progress but most of my friends are skiers and so they stick to more groomers and all mountain)) and 75% freeride and was stuck between the proto and SL, but just decided to go with the proto cause i just love everything i read about it. The problem is i don't know what size to get. I'm around 5'10 175 pounds with an 11.5 boot. Im on 2011 burton ions so I've got the shrinkage tech going and was wondering if i could get away with a 157 CT or would i have to go with the CTX. Im in NYC to usually head to vermont but I'm taking a week long trip to Jackson this year and wanted a board that although doesn't specialize in anything, can do EVERYTHING pretty well. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks
mlituchy87 is offline  
post #549 of 925 (permalink) Old 10-28-2011, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,213
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlituchy87 View Post
Ok so i need a little bit of help. Ive been considering getting the proto ct for about a year now and have read through a lot of these threads trying to decide which size to get. Id say I'm an intermediate rider that does about 25% park (love it and want to progress but most of my friends are skiers and so they stick to more groomers and all mountain)) and 75% freeride and was stuck between the proto and SL, but just decided to go with the proto cause i just love everything i read about it. The problem is i don't know what size to get. I'm around 5'10 175 pounds with an 11.5 boot. Im on 2011 burton ions so I've got the shrinkage tech going and was wondering if i could get away with a 157 CT or would i have to go with the CTX. Im in NYC to usually head to vermont but I'm taking a week long trip to Jackson this year and wanted a board that although doesn't specialize in anything, can do EVERYTHING pretty well. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks
The 157CT is a fine size for you my friend. My buddy David Z has a pair of ThirtyTwo TM2 size 11. It's not a low profile boot and he rides my 157CT without issues. He's also 205lbs.

I'm 180lbs for reference.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reviews and David Z's rants
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Leo is offline  
post #550 of 925 (permalink) Old 10-28-2011, 12:19 PM
Member
 
oskar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Reykjavik
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dan do you think you have enough proto's ? Lol.
oskar is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome