Review: 2012 Never Summer Proto CT - Page 8 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 925 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 07:07 AM
Senior Member
 
hhaidar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not known for bombing runs, but I will say at speed it felt significantly more stable than my evo.
hhaidar is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #72 of 925 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,213
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicidelemming View Post
For all the people who have tested the Proto so far, have you tried any bombing/flat-based riding at all? If so, how was the stability?
I did. It is pretty stable. By no means is it a bombing board though. It feels more lively than a stiff bomb board like a T.Rice.

I didn't have any problems washing out or anything. I wouldn't say it's unstable, rather you can just feel the terrain more. With good bindings, dampness shouldn't be an issue.

I really do think this board is perfect for people looking for a one board quiver. If I could only keep one of my 3 boards, this would be my choice.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reviews and David Z's rants
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Leo is offline  
post #73 of 925 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 10:30 AM
Member
 
suicidelemming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
I did. It is pretty stable. By no means is it a bombing board though. It feels more lively than a stiff bomb board like a T.Rice.

I didn't have any problems washing out or anything. I wouldn't say it's unstable, rather you can just feel the terrain more. With good bindings, dampness shouldn't be an issue.

I really do think this board is perfect for people looking for a one board quiver. If I could only keep one of my 3 boards, this would be my choice.
Alright, I wouldn't figure it to be as good at bombing as a T. Rice or a Heritage but "pretty stable" for a do-all board is good enough for me lol. This may have sold me on a ProtoCT for next year.
suicidelemming is offline  
post #74 of 925 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,213
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicidelemming View Post
Alright, I wouldn't figure it to be as good at bombing as a T. Rice or a Heritage but "pretty stable" for a do-all board is good enough for me lol. This may have sold me on a ProtoCT for next year.
Being that this was my first experience with Never Summer, I gotta say it is a great board. I demoed so many boards both 2011 and 2012 and the Proto is on my top 5 list.

I'm looking forward to riding more NS boards now because I'm sure my list will be altered afterwards lol.

I definitely didn't expect to become a hardcore supporter this quickly, but I am. I can't deny the quality and performance of the Proto CT. You'll be very happy with this board if you pick it up.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reviews and David Z's rants
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Leo is offline  
post #75 of 925 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 11:32 AM
Veteran Member
 
Smokehaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NoVA
Posts: 891
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Posts like yours are the reason that I already have my money saved for when the Proto drops.
Smokehaus is offline  
post #76 of 925 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 01:19 PM
Stay Strapped
 
InfiniteEclipse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,123
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
I definitely didn't expect to become a hardcore supporter this quickly, but I am. I can't deny the quality and performance of the Proto CT. You'll be very happy with this board if you pick it up.
No surprise here, I was just waiting for the day... I'm like wait till Leo tries one... THEN we'll see! Muahahahahah

Did she say Strap-in or Strap-on?
InfiniteEclipse is offline  
post #77 of 925 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,213
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteEclipse View Post
No surprise here, I was just waiting for the day... I'm like wait till Leo tries one... THEN we'll see! Muahahahahah
Yea... Vince and Tracey reeled me in real good with that Proto bait. Not sure if the hook will ever come out now.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reviews and David Z's rants
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Leo is offline  
post #78 of 925 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 01:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 231
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Being that this was my first experience with Never Summer, I gotta say it is a great board. I demoed so many boards both 2011 and 2012 and the Proto is on my top 5 list.

I'm looking forward to riding more NS boards now because I'm sure my list will be altered afterwards lol.

I definitely didn't expect to become a hardcore supporter this quickly, but I am. I can't deny the quality and performance of the Proto CT. You'll be very happy with this board if you pick it up.
Out of curiosity, what would be your other 4?
kimchijajonshim is offline  
post #79 of 925 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,213
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchijajonshim View Post
Out of curiosity, what would be your other 4?
No particular order:

Banana Magic

T.Rice

Turbo Dream

Machete

And to add a 6th... Agent Rocker


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reviews and David Z's rants
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Leo is offline  
post #80 of 925 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 03:59 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi guys, I'm in the market of an all mtn freestyle board that lean to more freetsyle. From Leo's review, the proto seems to be what i'm looking for. But since it is a 2012 model, it would be out of my budget. Any similar 2011 model (does not need to be NS) that is close to the feel of the CT ?
sirgoo is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome