Review: 2012 Never Summer Proto CT - Page 84 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #831 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
StrattonRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Wall, NJ and Stratton, VT
Posts: 196
Default

Do you know if there are any differences between the 2012 and the 2013?
StrattonRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-29-2013, 06:23 PM   #832 (permalink)
Member
 
BiG NicK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrattonRider View Post
Do you know if there are any differences between the 2012 and the 2013?
I'm pretty sure the only difference between the 2012 and 2013 board is the graphics. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. I know there will be a change for the 2014 proto. They're adding tech to reduce some chatter at speed I believe.
BiG NicK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:18 AM   #833 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
tecknojoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CO
Posts: 113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG NicK View Post
I'm pretty sure the only difference between the 2012 and 2013 board is the graphics. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. I know there will be a change for the 2014 proto. They're adding tech to reduce some chatter at speed I believe.
proto has chatter at speed??

what chatter? I've had the '12 and '13 now and never had an issue. I must just be used to riding a pipe board everywhere
__________________
tecknojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #834 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 6
Default

which would you guys recommend PROTO 154 or 155 or CTX 155?

im about 5'9 157-160lbs ish, size 11 boot, semi intermediate, i do all park and about a trip to mammoth once a year. i currently have mission bindings re:flex restricted want to pair it up with this board but not sure what size
iboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:30 PM   #835 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Default Review: 2012 Never Summer Proto CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by iboon View Post
which would you guys recommend PROTO 154 or 155 or CTX 155?

im about 5'9 157-160lbs ish, size 11 boot, semi intermediate, i do all park and about a trip to mammoth once a year. i currently have mission bindings re:flex restricted want to pair it up with this board but not sure what size
154 regular. You don't need a wide with size 11 boots especially if you're wearing low profile ones.




Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
__________________
www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #836 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 6
Default

great thank you
iboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:44 PM   #837 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
metric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Minneapolis / Switzerland
Posts: 171
Default

Just going to throw this in here for other people's reference...I'm 5'9 180lbs and ride a 157. I'm more of an all mountain freestyle rider so you may want to go shorter if you're mainly aiming for park
metric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:12 AM   #838 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 38
Default

Would a 155 ctx be too wide for size 9 boot? It looks to be less then 1cm wider for waist, tip and tail width.
AllMtrH22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:17 AM   #839 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllMtrH22 View Post
Would a 155 ctx be too wide for size 9 boot? It looks to be less then 1cm wider for waist, tip and tail width.
154 CT is 25.1... 155 CTX is 26.1. 1 cm is a lot when you are talking about width. 1 cm is minute in terms of length.

26.1 is simply much too wide for a size 9 boot. You shouldn't go over 25.5 cm waist.
__________________
www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:22 AM   #840 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
154 CT is 25.1... 155 CTX is 26.1. 1 cm is a lot when you are talking about width. 1 cm is minute in terms of length.

26.1 is simply much too wide for a size 9 boot. You shouldn't go over 25.5 cm waist.
What are the negative effects? How much of a difference is it going to make?
AllMtrH22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums